Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What wheels ?
Stay with the SHH Diablos.323.08%
Change to ( please fill in your choice in a reply ! ).215.38%
Change to anything but those are nasty.861.54%

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I haven't seen one of these completed as a 1/32 slotcar so it needed doing right?

There was some controversy ( and error on my part ! ) over the marque. I got the body and chassis as a gift some while ago and there was no box or identifying paperwork with the body so I hunted around and got, well...close !

I choose the 'Loctite' livery for a Nissan Skyline GT-R34 from the JGTC in 1999 and ordered the decals from 'Iceman'.

Problem is..I messed up and the car is an R32

Oh well... Here she is, sitting on a Sakatsu 1/24 SMALL chassis ( interesting the tiny 1/24 scale chassis is all but a perfect fit ehh? )

Bench pics of the lights...

Brakes on..

After doing the poll...here are the Wheels that SHOULD be on the car - who makes these then? anyone ?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Without voting, as I don't want to hurt your feelings, I'd say that having the different front and rear sets are a bit strange. It would look better with oneor the other. When these cars drove the streets in the 80's they would never have had such fancy wheels - at least not the ones I saw.

The lights are very cool.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe!

It is hard to hurt my feelings!
Vote and test the poll anyway?

Those wheels funnily enough ( and I se your point ) are the same set, SHH Diablo front and rears.

I would be happy to use closer ones but can not find 6 spoke ones similar, only 5 spoke Fly ones.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Heh! Guess which one I voted for.

Sorry mate, I really, really don't get those kind of crazy hubs. Never seen anything remotely like them on a racer or street car (Ka?) and to me, and don't ban me this is my opinion, they look like something off a Hot Wheels toy, which is a real shame because you've done such a spiffing job with the paintwork.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
That's Ok Wankel, I am not sure of them myself on this car.

But what the hell CAN I use..stuck at the moment.

I do disagree on the 'nothing like them' comment. They are very similar to 1/1 wheels with extremely low profile tyres. High end rims for mostly High end cars. Not racing wheels I agree.

I will post some pics of cars I feel they DO suit and let you all decide.

BTW - unlike the Easyboards system - it seems, prior vote viewing of the Poll results voids your right to vote ! fair but unusual ?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Yes the system doesn't allow the member to check who is winning the election, before voting.

Also it prevents people from voting more than once using membership info, not cookies, so you can't delete your cookie and vote again.

I voted, sorry you have 2 crazies!

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Of course,if someone were to send a set of plastic wheels of the right pattern to someone who makes inserts,then,that someone might have the proper ones to use with someones fine after market turned aluminum wheels ya know.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
BWA - I had thought of that, an Email was in the works but wanted to look about for ready made first..

I actually ( just by chance ) found the right ones - From a Ninco Callaway.

Al can you do anything with the pattern from one of those?

Also do you have a time frame ?

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Al can you do anything with the pattern from one of those?

Also do you have a time frame ?

Actually,right now is a very good time,as I am mocking up another dozen or so 1/32 inserts,and am allways looking for new ones to slip into the pile.

Also,if anybody has any wheel inserts that they need,and that you have an orriginal for,please don't hesitate to send it along.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
those proper ones look PHAT!

however, GOM and Ninco both do similar wheels..(Ninco Golf are white)

also, slot it sell toyota inserts which are twin 6 spokes..

Inte

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
SWISS!!!

How could you??

You used the '99 Loctite livery on an R32!!!! Tsk!Tsk! Good job you didn't do something similarly awful to a Toyota or you might have been moderated by EE.

Look mate, I think I've come up with a solution that will save face all round! Just send it to me and I'll lose it somewhere in my collection and I can just pass it off as something I picked up at a boot sale or something!

BTW you can take the wheels off it to save on postage coz I don't think even my poor taste could be blamed for those! Guess I don't need to vote then!

Is that an Arii kit or you not sure? I found a shop on the web in Japan that listed loads of 1;32 kits by Arii and others I think a couple of years ago. Seem to remember that they worked out quite cheap too. Could mean that they are not super detailed which is not a bad thing when turning them into slots. One that sticks in my mind is a '57 or so Subaru 360. I spotted it in the "garage" of my nephews Gran Turismo game and would only agree to race him if I used that and he raced a Fiat 500. He still whooped me! So much for racecraft!

Wait a moment! EE said he has to go to Japan soon, better find that address!

Better get surfing.

Mr.M

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here are a few shots of inserts thatI made for my Marconi entry. The inserts are made from Fly Corvette wheels and glued into Slot-it's new lightweight wheels. I properly dished the front and rear wheels and added brake rotors to the mix.

Front wheel

Rear wheel

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LS - Didn't come with wheels unfortunately.

I have found the solution though...Ninco Callaway Wheels ( the silver one with red 'Callaway' written over it ) - perfect for inserts.

Mr M - The detail is good enough for most folk with regard to 1/32 scale. Half Pan interior, full tinted glass. Yes it was an ARII kit.

SJSlots - Nice pic - what game?

Re wheels See above, I had looked at Marcos wheels but they only have 5 spoke and I needed 6 if I was going original. But thanks!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
swiss game is GT3.. wait for GT4 early next year tho

golf wheels are white if you want white.. I would like some silver 6 spokers too for my RST!

Inte

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the 6 spokes although the 5's would be easier and as you can see from another GT3 pic the five spokes still look good.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK..here we go..

Does this look better or what?

Think White not Silver......

1 - 20 of 40 Posts