SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
...and the track must be perfectly flat flat flat ...
On most tracks these beauties wont get past the first centimeters of any hil climb or bridge.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cool looking wheels on those cars!! Wonder where he got them from?

Actually, I know the builder of these cars, and his track is pretty flat, though it does have an upper and lower level, so there are inclines and declines(?)

Marcus sure builds some neat cars. This is but a small sampling of his work. He has created some masterpieces before, and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Great looking cars and superb work - Interesting looking chassis' - anyone know what they are?

Also had to smile at one of the chassis pic's as the crown on one of them is chewed - not sure how it goes (maybe speaking about it in the French comments)

edit : Just seen that they are MB slot chassis - doh!!!

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Sig....

"WoW".... Super Cool "Slammed" Muscle cars, talk about being low to the track...

Have a few Lo-Rider conversions myself, but not quite that low.
Thanks for posting the site, very intresting selection of cars...

Martin..

·
Robb
581 Posts
Waaay cool, love 'em!
QUOTE (Ember @ 21 Nov 2011, 21:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Geee. Wouldn't want to hit a speck of dust on the track. Instant deslot.
Nah, look at the chassis, theres fair clearance there, it's the sides of the body that might ground out a little.
If anything, I'd reckon they'd be hard to deslot!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ok , now you knew it was gonna happen didn´t you?

the rat GTO (ex carrera) was lowered years back around the time of the catalan thread, but obviously this was not enough, so duly inspired out came the dremel and the grinder. simple stuff cutting the chassis supports and narrowing the axles. oh and the tyres are normal scx rally stuff instead of the big fat drag tyres it came with.
the fat magnet box under these things is a pain and had to be shaved considerably, but in the end, even with all that, its still no where near what marcus has achieved.

go on then kustomart, show us your best..lets get the lowriders out for a show and shine

(err, no shine left on this old thing...)

oh and apart from tyre truing, it seems about 10 times more stable than the new item!

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Sig...

Your poor old GTO looks so "Well Used" and "Tired", but very cool..

As Requested, I will post some photos of my various Lo-Riders over the next few days for a "Show and Shine"

I am sure you will like them...

There are, American Muscle Cars, Pickup trucks, Vans, even a British 60s car Lo-Rider conversion..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Sig.... Started a new thread for the Lo-Riders "Show and Shine"...

Hope you like them...

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts