SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just reasonably successfully upgraded to version 1.12.1.0 ( I need to double check I have most up to date Arduino ino and sketch loaded.)

We had a few amended xamls, which I took the precaution to copy to a USB stick before the upgrade. They all worked fine except the one for the Practice screen.

We had adapted it so it had a bigger text all down the lane columns and a more neutral background (Gainsborough on the xaml colour chart). We use coloured names/numbers against the Gainsborough background in our track set-up, I think I did it that way as we have a black lane, which I guess is why we have coloured numbers in the Practice screen.

All the customised xaml features appeared after the upgrade except the background colour. I suspect we have to edit the customised xaml again but I don't really understand why one works fine and one works in part.

Product Font Screenshot Slope Technology

View attachment PracticeMark1_4L.xaml

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
You should not have had to change the xaml file from the upgrade. Nothing in that area has changed. Is the custom xaml in the same location it was before? Is your background a custom image and if so is it in the same location it was before? If that missing background is an image, my guess is that RC can't find the image for some reason.

Is it just the background that's wrong? It might help if you sent a screen shot of what it should look like.

***NOTE: I do NOT support going back to an old version of RC. Doing so could corrupt your database in ways I cannot fix. Worse, you won't know it happened until things start going crazy. To fix the problem shown here we have to do it in the version your running and/or a newer version of RC or much sadness can/will ensue.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

Your often emphasised advice not to go back to a previous version is engraved on my consciousness!
smile.png

Here is a screen shot of what it should look like in terms of background.

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Line Material property

This is as it was before we modified it to provide more rows and bigger text. I have not got a screenshot of the Practice screen exactly as it was before the upgrade, but the screenshot of how it is now in my first post shows the increased number of rows and bigger text as they should be.

So it is only the background colour which has changed and is not as we would wish it ti be.

The colour of the text in the Practice screen is obviously controlled by the lane font colour settings in Track Manager. We use a coloured lane font against a Gainsboro background (lane colour) for our Race Day screen.

I have deleted and reloaded the custom xaml in Race Manager/UI on the PC at the club to ensure RC is looking in the right place.

Looking at the image of the Practice screen before modification and bearing in mind that I am not sure what or where a custom background is or how it is created, I doubt whether we created a custom background when we did our xaml editing, but I did not do the editing myself.

So the background may just have been the basic whitish background shown above and not Gainsboro. I just thought it was because of the Race Day screen.

It also is unlikely to be a custom background as I saved the PracticeMark1 file to a Flash Drive before I upgraded and have loaded it on my PC at home and exactly the same thing has happened. I have certainly not created any custom backgrounds on my home PC.

I can't think of any more information that might help.

To confirm, it is only the background colour that is "wrong".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Hmmmm.

I keep getting hung up on this line:

"The colour of the text in the Practice screen is obviously controlled by the lane font colour settings in Track Manager. We use a coloured lane font against a Gainsboro background (lane colour) for our Race Day screen."

Normally the background color on that screen is controlled by the lane color configured in the Track setup. You can certainly customize around that but I'm pretty sure it would hard to do. I suspect you set the background in the xaml to transparent and then somehow jammed an image in there. And for whatever reason the image isn't loading now. But even that would normally display the equivalent of an error image as long as you didn't change it.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Easiest thing to do is launch RC and go to "file/debug to zip". Send me the file that results from that and your custom practice screen. I'll try to find some time to look at it. Maybe while the Bills (my football team) are getting beat down by the Patriots Monday night if you get me the files soon enough.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The colour of the text in the Practice screen is obviously controlled by the lane font colour settings in Track Manager. We use a coloured lane font against a Gainsboro background (lane colour) for our Race Day screen."
Our Race Day screen is fine, both font colour and lane colour are as set in the Track setup. Experimenting by changing Track setup does exactly what it should do to the Race day screen.

Track setup also changes the font colour in the Practice screen. Changing the lane colour in Track setup does not change the background colour in the Practice screen.

I'll be seeing the guy who edited our xaml files at the club tonight and see what he remembers. I will try to save the debug to zip as you suggest but unfortunately not in time to detract you from the performance of the Buffalo Bills.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right Dave..did the Bills win?

I talked to the guy who did the xaml editing last night and he is as sure as he can be at a distance that he only edited the number of rows and the size of the font and did nothing to edit the background colour.

We all remember the background to the Practice screen as being like the image in post #3. I thought they would all hate the blue shaded background and moan that they could not read the numbers but once I had changed the blue font colour they all seemed quite happy so it is not really a problem anymore. Slot racers are an unpredictable bunch

So I won't trouble you with the Debug/zip but you may like this picture of a couple of cars I painted in the early 80's around the time of William "The Fridge" Perry.

Electrical wiring Cable Audio equipment Electronic component Communication Device

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
It's up to you. I suspect the issue is that the "background" color in your practice screen is set to "transparent". I further suspect that you set all the lane colors to white and set the lane font colors to the actual lane colors.

What seems like a long time ago, a release of RC broke backwards compatibility in that if you marked a background as transparent in the xaml file, RC wouldn't use the lane background color. I can't remember if I did this intentionally or not but I remember it happened. My guess is you've done something "unusual" in the lane color configuration which coupled with this change give you the look you have now.

Feel free to send me the debug to zip and the xaml file. It should only take me a few minutes to figure out and then you can do it however you choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.