Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tel
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't be the only one, and I know its not "my end"

This forum is frequently either down or very very slow, makes getting here a chore !
Please consider changing your host when you can Doug, It can get very frustrating trying to view and contribute at times

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Have the badverts been reloaded again? This is painful - how about giving the Plus+ members some more bandwidth?

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
The IPS error has been occurring with more frequency, often twice if not three times a day of late. Does this mean that the update routine has changed?

·
Circuit Owner
5,889 Posts
Same here. IPS error on a daily basis for 4 or 5 days now. Incidences of double posting by loads of people very noticeable now and seemingly since about 25th September.

Is the ship creaking at the seams?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
As I have said before, the IPS error is due to log files flooding the server after daily backups and thereafter blocking any use of the database engine by any site on the machine - the files are subsequently automatically deleted but this takes a little while.

We are due to move server location soon. This is out of my direct control so I can't tell you when. Hopefully soon.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Has the backup routine changed? Previously it was only an issue once in a 24 hour period. Currently it's more frequent but at irregular intervals.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I belive that someone should look ower the code!

Some parts are initializing twice when you start SF.

There are programs that can tell waths wrong.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I just wait. It's not THAT important in the grand scheme of things.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I upgraded from a dependable Pentium 4 to a i7-4core machine with SSD ...

Windows boots in 17s and SSDC boots in 3s, SF though .......

·
David H
3,724 Posts
QUOTE (Lasp @ 3 Oct 2012, 07:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I belive that someone should look ower the code!
Some parts are initializing twice when you start SF.
I can't read or understand code, but that explanation makes sense to me and probably explains why I hear a double click sound every time I open a slotforum thread, whereas on every other forum and website I use, I only hear a single click.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts