SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm interested in this book but I've never found it in any book shops. Has anyone got it? Is it worth the read??

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Hi FZR
to me Slot Car Bible was very very interesting and very useful since it helped me getting back to slot cars 3 months ago after 35 years ( I use to race 1/24 cars on commercial track then).
Definetely a musst have in my case where I needed a 360 degrees tour of this great hobby.
It has put me up to date with what is happening now with: track building, home racing 1/32 cars, modelling and tuning. In the past month, thanks to the book and this forum (and the other), I put toghether an 18 meters Carrera 4 tracks (ready next week !), got myself 12 cars (Slot.it, Fly Classic, TSRF, Scalex etc), tuning gear and Professor Motor controllers.
I am addicted again

Best regards
Edo (Ducati ST4s rider)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
FZR,

I would recommend it. Large, glossy pages, many photos in colour. Oh, and some informative text too

Yes, it made a good read
There's details on such things as how to modify your track's powerbase (or equivalent) to move it further away from the track edge so that your cars won't tw.... hit it if they fishtailing out of the previous corner. One of many, many tips and ideas. The book also covers HO racing too..awww such cutesy ikkle cars!

Enjoy,

Mark.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree with the above - I enjoyed the book - actually I did buy both books from the same author - 'racing and collecting slotcars' and 'slotcar bible' - I did like both of the books and they are relatively complementary to each other. I did not agree with many of the things that the author brings forward but I still think that overall the books were quite worth while for me.

//peter

·
Registered
166 Posts
I found it to be a good read and it offered some good ideas on scenery building for example.
Overall though I dont think it is an essential purchase as much of what is discussed can be found in magazines and at places such as our very own SlotForum (the internet must be the curse of all reference book authors and publishers !).

You can pick up Slot Car Bible and Racing And Collecting Slot Cars for about £15 each from Amazon.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
I started to write a book about 3 yrs ago, most of it is still on disc the rest is on here or on my web site .

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Put me down for Pre-Order Graham, I'm sure that would be fascinating.
I'd love to hear the perspective of someone who has been in the sport for so long.
Sounds great!

Lotus

PS. Slot car bible is good too, I had the fortune of stumbling across someone desperate to sell when I was desperate to buy! Don't use Royal Mail for delivery though...

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Maybe next year if my early retirement plans work out but at the moment theres too many damn juke boxes and fruitmachines need fixing and Ive only 21 men and one pair of hands

·
Registered
166 Posts
......and believe me Lotus when I tell you that the mail hasnt improved around here. I bought two cars recently. One took 3 days from Southern Ireland, while the other took 4 days from 20 miles down the road

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
lol, I think I'm gonna just drive the 12 hour round trip to Pendle's from now on!

At least that way, it's GAURENTEED next day delivery...

Lotus

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have them at Scale Auto Racing if you are in the US.

BTW Bob came to my house, and to HSARC's tracks when preparing the book. On page 47 of the bible is a pic of 2 of my cars!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my copy at Borders (here in the USA).

There are parts of this book that don't interest me, but there are far more that do.

I recently got back into slot car racing - bought some HO scale to play with the nieces and nephews, and a friend of mine was moving and gave me his late father's Strombecker track/cars as well as a batch of Revell cars. (lots of clean-up/tune-up needed there). I also recently purchased a Scaley Sport set, and a few new cars. This book has given me loads of ideas for layouts and landscaping...now I just need to convince the wife that it's time to stop renting an apartment and buy a house!

-- Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts