SlotForum banner

Slot Car Database

2627 Views 21 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  356speedster
Hi guys a bunch of people at SCI have been tossing around the idea of setting up a slot car database that would contain information on RTRs, parts, motors, etc. Measurements, maybe links to reviews, all the odds and sods that are recorded about these toys we play with but get lost in the ephemera. I was wondering if this is just more idle chatter or whether this maybe something of value.

The idea is that I would set it up on my new slot car site. I have a database and PHP all set up plus I do these types of databases for a living. I would make it available for a select group of contributors to maintain. The information would then be available via reports and search screens for all. I could also make it available to other sites in some manner to be determined.

Any interest or should I forget the whole thing?
1 - 3 of 22 Posts
Not to hard to build but yes it would have to be a cooperative effort to maintain. In fact the idea would be to have an informal group of users with contributor access.
All,

I have been going back and forth on this but it does look like there is some interest here. So let me start to think about the database schema that will support all of the information that we may want. For now if any of you have created lists, tables etc that maybe of use send them to me at [email protected] I will take a look at the data in building the tables. I will need help though in importing the data as I don't have any time to do that. The entire app will be done using PHP and SQL so if there are any PHP experts out there drop me a line.

Alan drop me a line and tell me about these "visions" that you are having.
See less See more
1 - 3 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.