SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody on the French forum FOLM launched a thread on slot car derivative products, so thought I'd share a few with you here....
Don

Atari video game: I never understood why anybody would make a video game of slot cars instead of the real thing, but there's more than one, so there must be a reason! ...

4 CDs with a slot theme, the Classic Revells 33, plus some more recent ones. (slut racing?).

A pinball game for slot wizards:

And the water pistol in the form a controller - good joke on your buddies, eh?

Have fun, kids!

Don

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Come on Don, you are the only person I know that has that single. i cant find it anywhere on the net to download. Stick it on the turntable and lets have a listen again to the best slot racing song on the planet, cheers steve

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean take it out of its mint packaging, good heavens Steve!

Seriously, I still haven't gotten beyond copying 33s on cassette tape, but if I figure out a way to do it, be happy to share... (or I can send it to you if you want to do the deed). I think I just found it on one of my regular "slot car" searches - didn't think it was anything special - maybe from a German retailer if I remember correctly...

Don

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Kaleidoscope are an indy band out of Adelaide. I know I've heard the track, but alas, I don't have it in my collection. It did get some airplay on TripleJ radio here when it was released.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Nothings any use still wrapped up in plastic, take it out and play with it!
No use sending it to me, cant do technology. I`ve had a quick google but cant access any mp3 file of the record. you are our only hope. This record deserves maximum exposure even though its a 11 year old record. And of course its special, much better than The Revells, soppy Beach Boys/Jan and Dean pastiches that everyone knows about.
Cheers steve

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

Their video for "Addicted to Bass" is of interest too, a homage to the original Mad Max.

GrooveRider isn't much cop but PixelJunk Racers on the PS3 is a great TCR-inspired game.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Atari Slot Racers actually has nothing at all to with slotcar racing, it's effectively the old favourite Combat in a maze, whereby two "things" move around and shoot at each other. Being a late 70s game the graphics are so crude that the game could have been themed as a tank game with no discernable difference.

I did have a copy for my 2600 but that was donated to the charity shop back when I moved house.

Funky cover artwork though.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Lots of stuff made as promo for slot related brands etc.

I used to have two die cast 1;43rd scale busses with scalextric branding on the sides, onew had Silverstone as the destination the other Brands (can't find a pick).

More recently a Corgie product;

Just remembered pics of the stuff from my old collection is still shown on http://www.slotcarportal.com/

Look under http://www.ukslotcars.co.uk/scalextricweb/ephemera.htm

Also pics of the handheld game i used to have and the Spectrum game software and a big board game.

Oh and Technitoys have produced branded wrist watches and a bike helmet.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
A couple of media appearances of Slot Racing

The Incredibles film - Mr. Incredible and Dash race each other
Peppa Pig Xmas Special - George gets a slot racing set for Xmas, Daddy Pig and Grand Pa Pig play with it while George plays with the box

1 - 17 of 17 Posts