·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/m.../BoardStrip.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/m...rdComponent.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/m...e/LightsCCT.png

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/m.../BuiltBoard.jpg

Designed the above board that has headlights and integrated brake-tail lights. Cost works out at about $5 Aust and a couple of hous to put it together.

Let me know what you think and if you can see a way to lay out the components on the board better to make it smaller, please share.

Lance.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
How large (physical size wise) are those caps on either end?
Also, do the brake lights go high when breaking or stay lit the same all the time.
It is hard to tell from the diagram what they do.

Is this to chip lights for a non-lit car (no headlights or brake lights) or is there another purpose?

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The caps are 10mm dia and 5mm deep. The rear lights are on all the time and go bright when braking just like the lights on a normal car.

Yes. This is to put lights in a no lit car. Tried conecting it to the light boards in a car that came with lights but it didn't work as the boards have extra diodes and resistors on them. I found it easier to remove the light boards and put my own LEDs in.

Lance.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
A simpler way to achieve this is to use an Saloon Incar-Pro chip as all the hard work is done for you. All you then need to do is to add the appropriate sized resistors (~470R) to the vacant R1,R2 slots and wire the LEDs directly to the board using the BK and HL points .......

RichG has done another version using just a diode and resistors, see here.

Now we have a third way ................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Greg,

I read all the good work done by RichG. He is obviously a bit of a guru.

My circuit is designed for analogue cars without a digital chip. I haven't tried it in a digital car yet but would probably go this way rather than trying to solder to the chip. At $30+ a pop here in Aus I would be too nervous about frying it. Plus my hands aren't as steady as they used to be these days.

Taking the power for the board from the motor leads in a digital car would be recommended.

Lance.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I have to say that posting in the Digital forum kinda suggested to me that you were not using analogue ......

Now that I understand that ........... nice one - as this is just the sort of thing that a lot of people need

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, sorry for the confusion.

I only started up again a few months ago and I'm new to the forum. I do have a digital track SSDC and Pit Pro but only 8 of my cars are digital, the ones that came with the platinum set and two others. The other 25 or so are still analogue.

As I read most of the posts here, I posted here. Would you recommend posting this in another area??

Lance.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I would not like to say where you should or shouldn't post .......... but I guess the analogue thread would be in 1:32 cars

If it causes a problem I'm sure some kind Mod will come along and move it for you ...... they are good like that on here

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thanks for sharing your project Lance - I will be following the progress closely.

Chris

As an aside, yes, it's sometimes difficult to decide where to post especially if you tend to spend most of your time in one particular forum.
I always hesitate between this sub-forum, where I spend the great majority of my browsing time, and the "Cars" and "Slot racing & tuning" forums, for posting a topic that isn't directly related to Scalextric AND digital. However, if you already have an SSD track and/or the topic is more related to Scalextric but not necessarily directly related to digital, there isn't a specific forum so I think this sub forum is as good a place as any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts