SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My loft is nearing completion and work on the tables will be starting soon. With this in mind I've yet to buy any more track other than what came with the "Subaru Challenge" set.

I have however made a small start on the car collection.

2 Fly Lancia Beta Monte Carlo
A Fly Porshe 917/10
AFly Chevron B19 french special
2 Scaley Scoobs (use them when I have to be quiet!)

My current list of "Wants" are:

2 Fly Capris - not sure which but would like lit ones (I love spoilers and wide arches)

A Corvette C5R - not sure what the team is but I'd like the yellow one.
A Team Oreca Viper to partner the above - Chosen becuase those colours are most memorable to me.

Scalextric Street Mustang - Looks very much like the Mustang in "Gone in 60 Seconds" - the proper 70s film not that N. Cage rubbish.
Scalextric Street Corvette to match above.

Pro-Slot Toyota GT one - just love the look of it
Slot It Audi R8C - partner above and again lovely looking car.
(Did some history on the R8C and didn't realise it was the basis for the Bentleys!)

So thats the ones so far anyway. I think the GT1 and R8C would have met on track in 1999. Not too sure about the C5R and Viper in those liveries but at least they are in the same class. 60 seconds is a great film and one of the most overlooked when the golden question of "Best chase scene ever" comes up and the 'vette seems its best partner. As for the Capris, they look great and can run together or with the Lancias for some wide-arch spoilered up racing.

Any opinions on the above welcomed.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
QUOTE A Corvette C5R - not sure what the team is but I'd like the yellow one.
A Team Oreca Viper to partner the above - Chosen becuase those colours are most memorable to me.
I think the Viper will stomp on the C5, just a heads up.

QUOTE Scalextric Street Mustang - Looks very much like the Mustang in "Gone in 60 Seconds" - the proper 70s film not that N. Cage rubbish.
Carrera also do a GT350, which looks awesome
. Also, watch it with the GISS dissing. That's a great film, not like the original where I fell asleep during the four and a half hour long car chase, through seemingly similar streets... The only part of the new version which was disappointing was the jump, because it looked so fake... other than that, it had great cars, Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie
.... what more could you want?

QUOTE Pro-Slot Toyota GT one - just love the look of it
You might have some trouble getting hold of these. They stopped making them a while ago and stocks are gradually running out everywhere. Every now and then a small supply surfaces, but soon sells out. I think Pendle and/or GS is probably the best place to look. Also, unless you are into serious tuning, or you are extremely lucky, the GT1 will be dog out of the box and will be left behind by the Audi. IMO, the Fly Racing GT1 '98 would be great with the Audi, as would the Reprotech Nissan.

McLaren

PS. QUOTE 2 Scaley Scoobs (use them when I have to be quiet!)
That's not funny... don't get him started again.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
The 'old' Fly Viper is a good match for the Corvette C5, but against the new Viper a Saleen is more of an equal (the new Viper and Saleen both use the 'racing' motor).

Rob

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the info mate.

Not too bothered if one cars is better than the other as they'll only be used for home use rather than racing and I paired them for asthetics mostly.

If there is a big difference between the two, I'll give the better handling one to the misses or my daughter to give me a handicap!

Sorry about GISS but IMHO I didn't think it was that good. Why break into a Ferrari garage and not take an F40? er, hello!
Also the editing is a bit off to if you watch the placing of the XJ220. Angelina Jolie won't return my calls either!!

Not sure if we are watching the same car chase mate. Its great when they are chasing him through the car dealership. If I'm honest it may be a little bit too long though - saves thinking of a script I suppose.

Missed the last bit though,

Edit - Oh, I see

·
Registered
610 Posts
QUOTE (ScoobyDriver @ 4 Oct 2004, 15:40)2 Fly Capris - not sure which but would like lit ones (I love spoilers and wide arches)
Have a look at the "Racing" Capris - they are just great !

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Didn't the guy who starred in the original 'Gone in Sixty Seconds' do his own driving?

The driver (Toby Haliki) nearly killed himself in one of the sequences of the original film, and it actually remains in the final cut.

Unfortunately luck ran out and Toby Halicki was later killed during the filming of the sequel 'Gone in Sixty Seconds 2' a water tower collapsed on him during the filming of a stunt.

James

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I noticed on the end of GISS that it said something along the lines of In Memory of Toby Haliki.

Did the sequel get released? I like it at the end where he's ragging the car around with the blonde next to him - great fun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE (ScoobyDriver @ 4 Oct 2004, 15:40)Pro-Slot Toyota GT one - just love the look of it
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm...I'd steer clear of this stinker if I were you. My review of it can be found in this thread.

Grab a Scalex MG Lola or an SCX R8 to run with the Slot.it Audi.

Regards,

Johnny

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not the best sounding review then

Shame really as its such a good looking car. Might just stick with the two Scaley cars for now becuase its seems quite hard to get hold of the Oreca Viper (A84L) and the C5R I'm after (A125L) so I guess its a case of wait for them to turn up on fleabay. Same goes for the capris as I'm after specific liveries.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Johnny Lugnuts wrote:
QUOTE Grab a Scalex MG Lola or an SCX R8 to run with the Slot.it Audi.

Or, how about the SCX Dome Judd? I'm really keen on this car.
Read my brief review of it here.

Johnny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts