SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm waiting for cold fusion powerplants in the cars and hopefully some form of gravitic compensator for when I really need to have the car stuck to the track (Mach1 challenge etc.)

Appropriate lighting (including brake lights) on the cars which doesn't sap power - I know we can get kits for this purpose, but it would be nice on a RTR car.

Or, maybe just to go green - cheap, solar panel, fully regulated (sorry Inte!) power supplies so that our hobby can be self-contained and not rely on the national grid. Hang on, this technology is available now isn't it?

It's not as if there's a shortage of hot air, especially from SlotForum! OOOH Bitch! Handbags!

(Wonder if I need planning permission for windmill genny in back garden to power layout in attic? As long as David Bellamy doesn't see it, should be ok.
I mean what's a greener power source than a wind farm and the bloody botanist objects to it? )

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 9 Feb 2004, 09:21 PM)Apart from digital, model trains have real steam, when will gimmiky real exhaust smoke appear for slots?
We already get exhaust smoke when the occasional motor brews up!! however, it does tend to smell pretty evil.

Now if we could get a whiff of Castrol R mixed with high octane race fuel or avgas - none of this unleaded cat's piss that they tell you is petrol these days! Oh yes... maybe even get a whiff of hot brakes too!

Did you know that the game Gran Turismo 2 for the Playstation 1 came with a scratch & sniff surface on one of its CDs which allegedly smelled like a pit garage? (It vaguely smelled like a garage, so they weren't too far from the mark)

Mark.
Needs Shares in Millers VSP additive for my Capri

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (masmojo @ 10 Feb 2004, 06:00 AM)8) Slot clubs turn into gentil clubby establishments, mandatory memberships, well stocked bars, personal lockers, Punch & Partagas available from the pretty lady at the cash register, non-stop classic videos of Le mans, Laguna Seca & Goodwood
Now THAT I could get used to!!

Jim! About that oak panelling we need on the walls....

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (Rich T UK @ 10 Feb 2004, 01:28 PM)Slot racing's main advantage is that because the steering's done for you, all you have to do is play with the throttle, and this simplification gives a more satisfying drive- it's very rare indeed to get a drift going with a micro R/C car. also, the reception can be bad- particularly on the Digi-Qs (which are IR controlled)
I agree. R/C racing, by it's very nature needs larger cars and hence more space. Trying to drift such a small wheelbased car would I suspect require MUCH quicker reactions than a 1:10 scale R/C buggy. I've raced these (indoor, off-road uses mini-pin tyres for carpet) for a while and I've still got my 4WD Tamiya Manta Ray. We got some great drifts going, but we needed a school sports hall to achieve them!!

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.