SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Good question Jamie. I reckon we are stil gonna see a big change in our life time, or rather I`m hoping. Seems to me the hobby is thriving and if this continues then who knows what else we may see released. I would have thought it`s the components such as motors that could change the most,the standard of gears etc could still be improved big time.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
How can it continue to last? Why make the same models? There are so many that can be made it has to be as Cheater states, market research etc. indicating what is a safer sell? I believe he has a point in that if enough people ask then we may get a wider spread. As for agreeing? Well I agree with you this time Astro..We can`t

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I honestly believe that the manufacturers like being different and all believe they have a fan base and that they offer the best product based on their own agenda. When we as racers or collectors stick to one brand then the standardisation issue is a lot less troublesome. So racing just VMG Can Am cars in a one make series is no prob, the scale difference doesn`t matter. Racing Fly touring cars as a one make class , same answer doesn`t matter they are front motored. Of course we don`t do that and why should we but the down side is so many repeated cars and liveries it`s gettibng to breaking point.

As far as other aspects of this hobby go you only have to read a small selection of the posts here to gain an idea of how diverse we all are. I have taken part in a fair amount of inter club events and each event/club has different rules and even ideas on race format are different too. We had a reasonable debate about marshalling or crash and burn here and look how different we viewed that one aspect. We can`t agree on anything it would seem , even track surfaces. I first saw and used Scalextric Sport track when we made "Short Circuits". I couldn`t believe it and when I met Ben Collins he explained that they had designed it to the suggestions of many slot racers that Hornby had asked advice from. Well they didn`t ask the lads at my club and we don`t rate it at all. So what does that tell you? Well in my humble opinion it`s about choice and the up side is that you have options which helps to get what you want from the hobby and not what others may want you to get out of it. If you are happy with your own/your club approach to the hobby then that`s about as good as it gets. Unless a Slot Bernie Ecclestone appears on the scene I can`t see it changing much either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.