SlotForum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Regarding Mini-RC displacing Slot cars I really do not think it will happen although their development might parallel each other. I have several of the 1/28 Mini-Z's as well as some other 1/24 cars & has been noted before the steering seems to be what is holding them back. I used to race 1/12 road cars & 1/10 scale cars of differrent types. The 1/12 cars in particular where the most fun to race & drive because it did take a bunch of skill & control. I liked the 1/10 cars from a tinkerers standpoint, because they where really easy to build from scratch or modify.

The Small RC' cars to me where more a frustration than anything. They are decently fast, but they are all over the place & difficult to setup so that they handle to my expectations. I noticed a lack of castor/ camber adjustability which is crucial to their handling, especially in high speed situations.

The manufacturers need to watch out though because you can buy a mini'Z or something comparable for less than $150 with radio & everything. If the slot cars get any more expensive these RC cars will look more attractive from a cost perspective.

I would love to race my Mini-z's, but I do not know anyplace or anyone around here that races them.

· Registered
391 Posts
I agree with Masmojo and others; I too have Mini-Z, R/C Tamiya and 1/8 gas off road models, but more for the fun of building them than racing; if you look at a race of Mini Z, unless the racers are very expert, you will see a lot of zig-zag runners and collisions with track borders and other cars; in no way this compares to the "head to head" fight of slot cars, unless you and your fellow R/C friends were real champions. It's the pure geometry of the game that I love in slot cars
and the easy way to get involved in hard battles, elbow to elbow!

Ciao

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.