SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we built the main frame today ready to plan the track it all hinges and folds in and out of the van we still need to work on some legs yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i will keep updating it with progress i will change the dates in the title as to when its updated.
im plannign on taking it to a vw show called edition 38.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I hope you are going to route the track, and not use any plexi track!!!. you will have to seal the board top and bottom, and I would suggest that you use a shouldered router so you can reccess steel braid, this will not get picked up by the tyres as they go around the bends.

I wish you all the success, and will watch with interest

Regards
ZEN

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Whatever you use for legs, Make sure youve got adjusters in the bottom.

Weve used simple 2x2 legs with T nuts in the bottom for levelors with Model Railroads.

Drill a hole in the bottom, Pound in your Tnut and use the screw inbolt to compensate for uneven ground.

Considering your situation I'd try to set it up while on level ground and then give aprox 1" In and 1" out as an absolute Minimum for compensation (1 1/2" each way would be even better) This would require drilling your hole 3" deep

Another alternative if you think things may get more severe is to attach a Piece of 2x2 16" long to another 2x2 and drill holes every 1/2" and use carriage bolts...........Use the T nut in the bottom for fine adjustments.(You could go to a smaller length tnut/bolt this way...say 2" with 1" adjustment either way)

By doing this you could have a pothole under the leg and still be able to compensate!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im going to route it and line copper not braid. im going to take packers to an uneven surface to make life eaisier when setting up.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
QUOTE (malyon @ 20 Jul 2007, 20:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im going to route it and line copper not braid. im going to take packers to an uneven surface to make life eaisier when setting up.

You will need to paint upto the copper tape, otherwise it may lift, espesially if you are using rubber tyres. I would maybe contact john secci at north london race club, and see if he knows of any self adhesive tape, as using evostick is not a good idea.

respect

Zen

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
QUOTE OR, do it the british way and pack some 1" Thick wood squares in the trailer box. Im sure Tileguy's method is better, but this is soo much easier!

Its only so much easier the first time................Once the T nut legs are set up, Life is Good and set ups Fast and EZ

Doesnt take long to make these and TNUTS are cheap.

Legs can be fold up using card table leg hardware..(more money)........or, pop em into a boxed slot and slip in a carriage bolt for removeable legs....(less money).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Looking good, nice routing!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.