SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Due to a massive failure of my ships generators we are now limping to Singapore for repairs. Looks like I won't be spending much time in Indonesia after all.

So what's the slot car situation in Singapore then?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Synth, last time we spoke, you were in the North Sea. You do get around.

Sorry to hear about your generators. Does make for a sort of funny post though. I hope that you find some slots in Singapore.

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
Yes, definately Hobby Bounties. I spent a couple of months in Singapore earlier this year, and Hobby Bounties is a great little shop, with quite a good stock and also a track set up. (They do a discount card which is worthwhile). They are in the Adelphi centre, just behing Funan Computer Mall.
There is also a great model shop in Wisma Atria (Orchard Road) about level 3, but they only do Carrera.

Happy hunting.
Cheers, Isetta.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. The repairs are going to take a while so I have returned to Canada for a while. I should be back in the Far East in mid January.

I was intending to go to Funan, but didn't have the time. I would have been so annoyed if I had gone there then discovered that there was a slot car shop next door.

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
To dig up an old topic by Synth...

QUOTE Due to a massive failure of my ships generators we are now limping to Singapore for repairs. Looks like I won't be spending much time in Indonesia after all.

So what's the slot car situation in Singapore then?

QUOTE Yes, definately Hobby Bounties. I spent a couple of months in Singapore earlier this year, and Hobby Bounties is a great little shop, with quite a good stock and also a track set up. (They do a discount card which is worthwhile). They are in the Adelphi centre, just behing Funan Computer Mall.
There is also a great model shop in Wisma Atria (Orchard Road) about level 3, but they only do Carrera.

Happy hunting.
Cheers, Isetta.

Synth, hope you are not still adrift generator-less in the Staits of Malacca

I have just (couple of weeks ago) returned to Singapore on another month plus project. To update you in case you get back to Singapore, I don't want you to chase shadows...sadly the very good model shop in Wisma Atria has closed....now yet more noodle stalls. I am told there is still one Carrera outlet here, but I haven't found it yet
Thankfully Hobby Bounties is still going strong, so I have just acquired "a few" more cars.

Cheers, Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts