SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the slot depth on plastic track different between makes? I used to race at GBSC club on Ninco track but the cars I used there clatter round my classic scalextric track. I do have a couple of scalex sport track sections which seam to be ok.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Hi,
last time I used scalextric was in the about 1969/70 and if I remember correctly isn't the bottom of the slot a series of tabs and holes. The cars I used at the time had full depth guides for our school club track and the commercial tracks at 'Wonderland' and the cars would clatter and jump as the guide dropped in the hole then hit the tab, some cars wouldn't run at all. As I didn't want to trim the guides I switched to Airfix track as it had a solid base to the slot and the guides run on the bottom of the slot although most had thier front wheels of the track.

If you track is the same then I would think the only option is to change or trim the guides.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May be a good excus for an upgrade.

90s F1 kid, I have classic track with a couple of sport sections, as I say may be an upgrade to sport or even digital is needed

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked the slot depth, as suggested, between my classic track and the couple of sport track and the differance is a maximum of 1.5mm. Looks like I am trimming guides for now
, unless there are any with a 5mm depth that will fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts