SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've competed in 1:1 Motorcycle drag racing and enjoyed it and was wondering what slot dragging was all about and where the enjoyment is, is it about getting a perfect run or all about building the perfect car.

Do you have a Xmas tree for starting, do you have to "drive" the car into stage?

I'm not looking to criticise, just curious about what people enjoy about it.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting stuff, what scale cars do you race, what are the classes and I see you have a track at Chelmsford, do you ever race on weekends there, bizarrely I could probably do a weekday at Hoo as I sometimes have to go to the Isle of Grain for work.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
A 130 mph slot car is very impressive, the fastest I've been on a 1:1 drag strip is around 100 mph, I think this was around a 14.5 second quarter, but it was a long time ago at Santa Pod, probably 1990.
Personally I don't like wheelie bars on 1:1 drag bikes, IMO they take a lot of the skill out of launching, I don't like auto gear boxes either for the same reason, but everyone has their own tastes, I really enjoyed 1:1 drag bike racing, there was a thing called Ultimate Street Bike in the late 80s and early 90s which was run by Superbike magazine, this was drag racing for road legal motorcycles, no wheelie bars and generally no auto boxes, great fun.

Deane do you want some non-magnetic straights for the drag strip?

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Gulp, that's seriously scary stuff - what gearboxes do they have?
Someone I used to know had a 236bhp Z1000, 1400cc Orient Express Block, Turbo and Nitrous - but he built it for show and wouldn't drag race it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.