SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 14 Dec 2011, 17:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not looking to criticise, just curious about what people enjoy about it.

QUOTE (Flange @ 14 Dec 2011, 17:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah so am I , looks boring as hell to me

Well, since the basic principles - race as well as technical development - are indentical to 1:1 it seems you don´t know "what people enjoy about it" and "it looks boring as hell..." - in 1:1 as well, - using your words

Independently from that - when a really fast and powerful 1/24th scale slot drag car has already reached the end of the track, your 1:1 car hasn´t even left the starting point yet. Heard about REAL speed ? If not, try a slot drag car and you feel WHAT "boring" is...

Roland

· Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 22 Dec 2011, 02:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.........slot drag racing Is just a piece of plastic or metal going down a track at the press of a button very little skill required there ....

And it's over in like a second ... Yawn would rather just throw the car across the room at a foam block ...

1. It seems you have tried it once and it was too fast for your reaction.......
1a. It seems you haven´t tried it yet and and judge about something you don´t know at all.

3. Real drag racing is "...just a piece of plastic and metal going down a track at the press of a gas pedal very little skill required here..."
And it's over in like a few seconds - what a HUGE difference.....

4. Yawn would rather go for a walk than watching sth. as slow as 1:1 drag racing...........

QUOTE (Flange)Quite frankly if I'm racing on a certain circuit track I like to think it is a lot more skill than just pressing a button but this just isn't , oh well I'm sure I will never know

Winning and the racing part is great but it lasts about a second so you get about 10 seconds or whatever of racing if you do a meeting ... :S

I forgot one thing - how much more boring must it be to run around a certain circuit track and be amongst the last ones, the losers again and again for hours instead of having the next thrilling chance after a few minutes or seconds....

Thanks for your words which made it so easy to me to answer....

Roland

· Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 22 Dec 2011, 21:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.......HOWEVER I have huge respect for the people who participate in drag racing. I can see the appeal and can admire the aesthetics, the engineering and the speed of reaction. I have simply chosen to take a different path because it's one that suits me. Each to their own and respect to those who do it well.

Merry Christmas all - from the sensible majority

Well said, nothing to add.....

A Merry Christmas to all !

Roland

· Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 23 Dec 2011, 00:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bed you could drive a top fuel drag car 1/4 mile in less than 5 seconds im guessing right if it requires very little skill? This is a REAL CAR doesnt have a slot to stop it going left or right half way down the straight .

Just as I already said - if you remember - thanks for giving me the words to reuse them...

I bet( sorry for the correction) you could drive a top fuel slot drag car 1/4 scale mile in less than track record seconds im guessing right if it requires very little skill? This is a SLOT DRAG CAR , needs the slot because of the much higher acceleration than a real drag car .

More words please, this is a really nice game for a non - native English speaking person to practise the language...

But you might also try to bring at least ONE convincing argument at last.

Roland

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.