SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I live in Johannesburg(South Africa) and am slot car mad,and get very jealous of you guys as you have very easy access to all the various brands on the market.My 1/32 layout and cars are mainly Scalextric and SCX based.
I have two Slot It Porsche 967 cars.The crown wheel and bushes are held in place by what looks like a minute allen screw.
What size could it be?
These cars run well but look to me like they tend to "crab"

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Bryan

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yes, the grub screw size is M2.

Slot.it are probably the best bang for buck in the world for slot cars. But every car needs tuning for the intended circuit, which means correctly setting the braids, making sure the tyres are true, expecially the rear.

In most situations, running them with the body screws turned back one turn from tight, and the 4 pod screws at least a turn, will make a significant difference to performance regardless of whether you are racing with or without magnets.

If you have opportunity to visit a club or a raceway, and can gets some tips based on your own cars, and have them give it "a 5 minute tweak" it will give you a much better idea of well tuned, versus "out of the box"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts