SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts

A little SlotForum scoop for you...

QUOTE I am glad to disclose a few products that will be shown at the London Toy fair:

QUOTE 1 - Special angled crowns for angle winder mounted motors - e.g. Honda NSX. These crowns have all the quality you'd expect from Slot.it gearing, with a very special tooth profile designed to mesh perfectly with the 'sidewinder' Slot.it pinion, i.e. 10/11/12/13 tooth pinion (SIPS10/11/12/13). One great advantage of these crowns, made in Ergal and colour anodized, is that thay use a cylindrical pinion, not a conical one. Thus, it is very easy for the user to put the pinion on the motor, because the meshing of the gears will not be dependent on the placement of the pinion on the motor axle. Available in 5 different types: 28/30/32/34/36 teeth. First type to hit the market, before the end of the month, will be the 32 tooth gear in the new SIKK09 'starter kit anglewinder'.

2 - New F1 tyres in P3 and P4 compounds (SIPT13 and SIPT14), and new skinny front tyres (17x10mm) in Z0 compound. Available in 2 weeks

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yay!
No more tedious and fastidious angling of existing sidewinder gears!

and another secret weapon (well for a few minutes anyway) in the Egg F1 battles for track supremacy....

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
100% for sure.

They will be a starter kit type thing initially as stated so buy one, whip out the Ninco axle complete and add the Slot.it then you just need inserts (easily made from the Ninco rims). Slot.It pinion will complete the work over.

Looking forwards alot to ExCel and Nürnberg this year! Nuro will cover ExCel and I will be covering stuff at Nürnberg not shown at Exel so we get the best of both worlds

·
John
1,340 Posts
Hi Guys,
Long time no see!

This stuff must be as good a reason as any to buy the NSX.

Alan are you going to Excel?

I'll be there all day Friday!! with Camera in hand!

I'm only in for the day and my flight back is at 2000hrs perhaps we could meet up again for a pie & a pint?

Any one else going?

Sorry for hi jacking the thread.

Cheers

John

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the NSX runs pretty sweet without much changing to be honest, but there is always room for improvement in anything I guess.
No news on other inserts, I will try to find out.

BSN - great to hear from youi! I will take it to PM

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
(you can also look at the ItaliaSlot newsfeed on the SF portal)

My hat's (actually, wool cap) off to Maurizio, as usual - now, can an HRS anglewinder motor cradle be far behind ?

One thing I wonder, though, is : can you actually go from the 13/28 to the 10/36 extremes - how on earth do the teeth mesh ?

But mainly, why can't we have an adjustable motor cradle / axle distance like in the old days and revert to the proper principles of mechanics ?

Beppe

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Lovely news, especially the angle-winder part.
Now I just hope the F1 tires will be available as S1 too.... (those soft rubber tires just don't work...)

At an angle... it's quite possible to use the Ninco hubs on the 3/32 axle. Just be sure to get them trimmed first.
Plastic hubs are quite possible to use, but need som trimming first, to be sure.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
They recommend the use of Ninco's F1's up til now.

Personally I wouldn't use anything but S1 for Sport, it's smooth enough for it.

My experience from P3 is that it's far to slippery. But I must have missed something somewhere, why else would Slot-It consider it the best ones?!

/Erik

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Fast answers:
F1 tyres will fit our rims SIPA20 (F1 rims), and Ninco standard rims as well.
S1 F1 tyres? Maybe in the future, it is entirely possible. Try putting some (fresh!) motor oil on the P3 tyres before racing on the Scalextric Sport - I get very good result with that.

All crowns are for 3/32" axles.

I don't 100% recommend the 13 tooth pinion - it can be used with these crowns but whines. Yes you can go from 10/36 to 12/28, and even 13/28 (but I'd limit myself to 12/28)

There will be new inserts one day but I cannot tell you when - i.e. the large BBS ones will be updated, and as soon as the Sauber C9 is released there will be its own rims that are quite nice, for small diameter rims.

You can meet me in Excel on thursday and friday morning, I'll be happy to meet anybody coming, I'll be near ABGee's stand which is in front of Hornby's. Bring the camera, not for me, but for what will be unveiled.

Best regards

Maurizio

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Lovely news Maurizio.
I can also tell you that the previously mentioned work on common race regulations in Sweden are in the active works.
And I made myself happy when I realised that the RP001 engine fits nicely into the SICH01 chassie set-up.
Still haven't been able to use the three SICH13 you sent me for the thing on the website... But it will happen sure enough.

Yours
Erik Malmcrona

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
'old new slot guy' the quick answer is no.

Slot.it parts all fit together so you wold need the Slot.It axles, bushes etc to complete any transition unless your axles were already 3/32

1 - 20 of 20 Posts