SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have not been able to find any notes about this update to the new version of the slot.it app.

Does anyone knows whats new with this new version?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hola a todos. Hace unos meses que me he puesto oxigen en casa con pista scx y estoy informándome mucho de todas las posibilidades que ofrece este sistema. He Estado mirando la nueva versión de la app y se han resuelto los problemas y errores que habían para registrar los chips C. Además se han implementado la posibilidad de regular el frenado y la velocidad máxima. Y también de ver todo tipo de datos que antes no aparecían.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Hola Jaiapa - lo voy a traducir para los que no hablan Español

Hello everybody.

It's been a few months since I've put oxigen at home on a scx track and I'm learning a lot about all the possibilities that this system offers.

I have been looking at the new version of the app and the problems and errors that happened when registering the C chips have been solved.

In addition, the possibility of regulating the braking and maximum speed has been implemented, as well as seeing all kinds of data that did not appear before.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Murphy's Law strikes again.

I just installed my first B2 chip in a car and charged up a battery for an SCP3 controller. I need the oXigen App to set these up.

BUT,

it doesn't show up in the App Store.

Is there any other way to do the setup.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Interesting Frank because also a friend of mine that has an iOS phone was not able to locate the app.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A couple of months back when I was just starting to get my head around Slot.it, I actually had a look in the App Store and it was there. I didn't load it at the time figuring I'd do it later.

Just checked my phone - it's got Android 6.0.1 and says it is up to date. The oXigen doco for chip activation says it has to be Android 7.0 or later.

Am I up the creek without a paddle. Does Bootloader do the same thing from a laptop? Not sure what it's for.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Frank I am an iphone user so not familiar with all things android.

Do you think it's not finding it and therefore showing it as a downloadable option because the version you are running (6.0.1) is not compatible and it needs at least 7.0 ?

I know you have tried to update the android version and the phone says its up to date so is it up to date as far as version 6 and 7 is a whole new ball game, surely someone on here can steer frank on how to get android version 7?

Keep up your spirits Frank the guys that know will visit soon of that I am certain
thumbsup.gif
biggrin.png

Dave

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks Dave,

my wife's phone has Android 10 and it doesn't show there either.

And a few posts back, Grunze mentioned he had a friend with IOS who also couldn't find it. Something weird happening or it's just not there atm for some reason.

Back on 13 May, Slot.it said:-

Hi. We're rolling out 1.5.0 today, which is going to be public. It may take a couple of days for 1.5.0 to appear on iOS and Android stores

I'm updating the firmware files now on the servers. More later.
Might have something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Murphy's Law strikes again.

I just installed my first B2 chip in a car and charged up a battery for an SCP3 controller. I need the oXigen App to set these up.

BUT,

it doesn't show up in the App Store.

Is there any other way to do the setup.
Hello Frank,
There are advantages to using the app, specially for those running SSD without an O2 Dongle.

But the 'old school" boot loader on a Laptop and or PC still has all the features (and some more) of the App.
So if you've got the dongle, download the boot loader from the slot.it site and you're good to go.

Note on the (un) availability of the Oxigen app via the various app stores.
As reported there's a little bug even in 1.5.0 which can be bypassed with switching Blue Tooth on and off.
Could be that Slot.it has fixed the problem by now, but unlike update in firmware which they can post instantly on their own website....
Posting new versions of apps requires cooperation of third parties (the App stores) which can cause delays.

With kind regards

Tamar

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
... surely someone on here can steer frank on how to get android version 7?
There's no "getting" another version of Android if your phone manufacturer decides not to update it for some reason. Usually it's not worth doing, sometimes it cannot be done, but if you go to your device's settings and check for system updates, and there are none... oh well. The only way to get a new OS is to get a new device.

What's more troubling is that it's not appearing in the Play Store for a new device. It's highly unlikely that such a device does not have the hardware support, but not entirely unheard of, especially if it's a budget device. But, BLE support isn't some fancy feature any more, it's pretty much a basic requirement, so I doubt it's hardware related. Android v10 is well beyond minimum requirements for the app, so that's not it. It could be a regional restriction of some kind, but that's unlikely in this case. In this case, I'm betting it's more to do with region and timing, and that it will appear in the store on compatible devices (e.g. Androind 7.0+) shortly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks to all for the advice.

I have the dongle working and Bootloader installed as well. The first thing it wanted to do was update the firmware on the dongle which happened without any issues.

Thanks Tamar for confirming Bootloader does it all and I don't really need the App.

I'll have a go at doing the car and the controller later today.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.