SlotForum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Small tip Frank, and all that might not be able to use or download the app from the App Store.

New B2 and C-chips from version 3.10 need to be registered via the Slot.it app. to "activate" them.
But... if you downgrade the firmware (Via NRF or boot loader) to 3.06 (still available form Slot.it download page as "legacy" firmware ) you can run the chips without registration/activation.
Again this is a slight work around until app availability is restored...but it works.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks Tamar,

I might wait a few days and see if it appears. As I mentioned, it doesn't show on any of the three phones we have in this house so I suspect Mr Flippant is correct when he says:-

In this case, I'm betting it's more to do with region and timing, and that it will appear in the store on compatible devices (e.g. Android 7.0+) shortly.
Maybe Covid travel restrictions have delayed it....
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
grump.gif
grump.gif

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Tamar,

You said:-

But... if you downgrade the firmware (Via NRF or boot loader) to 3.06 (still available form Slot.it download page as "legacy" firmware ) you can run the chips without registration/activation.
Do I need to use old firmware for the SCP3 controllers.

I still might give it a few days and see if the app shows up here. I don't really want to use the old firmware if I can avoid it. We will see.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
No, new controller firmware works with old incar software... at least to some extent. I haven't tested all permutations. I have a car with a prototype C chip that won't register, so I use old firmware on it, and I have no problems pairing to and driving it, or changing the various modes using the new bootloader.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Usually the app stores hide the apps that cannot run on your devices. So I am not sure if it is something with the hardware configuration of your devices.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.