·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BMW McLaren F1 GTR #42 24h Le Mans 1997 J. J. Lehto - S. Soper - N. Piquet

EVO6 chassis
New AW motor configuration
Flat-6 motor

Here is the new Slot.it McLaren n.42 Le Mans 1997, code CA10f will be available soon.

Official selling date: August the 20th.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Kinda nice BUT the rear wheel position doesn't look good at all. (perhaps it's just the angle but looks too far inboard to me?)

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Real wheels do hide inside the arches, of course. It's 100% accurate. And the model has adjustable wheels, so is no problemo!

If all the hype and feeding-frenzy fervour about the Flat6 motor is right, then this could be the best slotcar ever made, for sure.

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Lovely looking car, but maybe they could have got a jump on others by doing the new Mclaren GT

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Maybe they will but since mclaren have yet to race the car at Le Mans it might be a while.

Now where is the GT1'98

·
Registered
335 Posts
QUOTE (Bigtone @ 7 Aug 2012, 11:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely looking car, but maybe they could have got a jump on others by doing the new Mclaren GT

Almost certain Scalextric have the exclusive rights to make that

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
It's definetly on my shopping list. Good call making it AW with a flat 6, I recently got the lancia & converted it from IL.

·
Registered
312 Posts
QUOTE (PJF @ 7 Aug 2012, 18:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's definetly on my shopping list. Good call making it AW with a flat 6, I recently got the lancia & converted it from IL.

Does that mean that your mosler is going to be retired then

Nice car, very very tempting

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
That one must be among the absolute top of nicely done slotcars. Thank you Slot-It.

(Now just add Porsche 911 GT1 and Porsche 911 GT1-98 and Mercedes GTR and Mercedes CLK LM and Panoz GTR-1 too...)

·
Registered
212 Posts
QUOTE (Erik M @ 8 Aug 2012, 05:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That one must be among the absolute top of nicely done slotcars. Thank you Slot-It.

(Now just add Porsche 911 GT1 and Porsche 911 GT1-98 and Mercedes GTR and Mercedes CLK LM and Panoz GTR-1 too...)

And the Toyota GT1

·
Registered
519 Posts
McLaren F1s were neither right nor left hand drive. The driver sat in the middle , flanked by seats on either side and slightly behind him.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I think DJ knows that the driver sits in the middle

It's called humour, well it made me smile

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Very nice was hoping for the newer faster flat 6 motor.

Ray

1 - 20 of 28 Posts