SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son's friend was over and pulled one of the braids loose. It seems like the braids are just pressure fit to the wire and ferrule in the plastic guide housing but I can't seem to get it tight enough to stay.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
551 Posts
The tip that works for me is to put the ferrule back in between the braid and the back of the guide instead of at the front where there are indents for it. This seems to give it a tighter fit. Another neat alternative that slot.it used on the Toyota 88C I got recently is to dispense with the ferrule altogether and hold the wire in beside the braid by screwing in a grub screw which works very well and gives a very secure connection.

·
Registered
551 Posts
No problem! I meant to say, the grub screw used by slot.it seems to be the same ones used for securing the wheels to the axles except the longer version of it. I may add them to my slot.it Alfa's as they in particular are notorious for having guide wires pop out during a race on my track

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've often taken to stripping a bit more of the wire from the motor, tinning it, folding it, tinning it again and ending up with a fake ferrule. Shove it into the guide with some needle-nose pliers, and so far no problems. Been improvising as a (not very accomplished) jazz piano player for years, might as well improvise a bit with the slots.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts