SlotForum banner

Slot.it Brun Motorsport Porsche 962C

6K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Scott B 
#1 ·
The second release in Slot.it's Porsche 962C range, the Brun Motorsport car, is now available:-

Driven by Oscar Larrauri (RA), Jésus Pareja (E) and Walter Brun (CH) in the 1989 Le Mans 24-Hour, the car qualified 7th and retired with engine problems after 242 laps.

The picture below, taken during the 1989 race, shows that the car also had the brake cooling "hub caps" on the rear wheels:-

Otherwise, it looks superb and is bound to be very popular with Spanish slot racing enthusiasts!

Kind regards,

Russell

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Russell's pic also shows the French-style "slashed" 7 on the actual car.

Re: wheels... It's not uncommon to change the car set up between practice, qualifying and various stages of the race... Herr Joest has even been known to use special "night" noses on his 962's.

Also it doesn't look like the red Yokohama lettering made it on the tyres

#9 ·
QUOTE Also it doesn't look like the red Yokohama lettering made it on the tyres

The lettering is there I promise.

Please bear in mind that the tyres supplied with some Slot.It cars are generic from the factory in China and NOT a rated Slot.It compound. The performance of all Slot.It cars is enhanced by the addition of P2/P3 tyres of the correct size and zero grip fronts.

Here is some other Slot.it related info you might find interesting or of use...

Question: What tyres come with the last two Audi releases and with the three Porsche 956s?

Slot.It answer:

Audis ship with - Zero Grip fronts and P2 rears.
Porsches ship with -
QUOTE these tyres are not catalogued as they are made in China and have now been changed lately; the first generation was very hard and poor, now they are vastly improved (starting from the 'Dunlop' tyres for the Newman car and also the 'Spirit of America' car) and will be further enhanced starting from the 'Blaupunkt' P962.

Question: What liveries will the race car (Nissan) come in and how long will we have to wait for them?

Slot.It answer:

Race car release early 2005, test car first, race car later and will be made in all three liveries (N,21. N,22, N23)

Question:

What configuration will the motor be in?

Slot.It answer:

Same as the Porsches, reverse inline.

Question:

When can we expect the Sauber C9 and what configuration will the motor be in?

Slot.It answer:

Hopefully March 2005 but delivery date will be given in Nurnberg. Set up will be reverse inline as with the Porsches.

Question:

Will either the Nissan or C9 come with larger diameter hubs? or will they be small diameter as with the Audi and Porsche?

Slot.It answer:

Nissan: large diameter.
All others: small diameter.

#12 ·
Hi.

Unfortunately the 'dashed' 7 is an error that slipped through - I haven't noticed it until now :-(, and I can trace the reason to the fact that car n.27 did not have the dash! Since by mistake the first prototype decoration we made was by mistake with n.27 on the sides (yes, there are three Slot.it cars with n.27 in the world...), I did not notice that car n.17 had a different '7'!
The rear BBS rims are mounted at the beginning of the race and absent at the end - probably they were removed during the race - we have decided to make it without.

Yes there is the Yokohama lettering, and I am surprised that the Blaupunkt tyres handle differently from the Newman and Spirit of America tyres, as the compund is the same.

Hope this helps - best regards

Maurizio

#13 ·
This is the #27 Brun Motorsports Repsol car referred to by Maurizio:-

Just to add to the confusion, here are a couple of other Brun Motorsport Repsol cars. Can anyone identify them?

Kind regards,

Russell

PS: Maurizio, don't forget the short-tail versions, please......

#14 ·
Historic photo...

For the hell of it photo.....

Runs SOO well without magnet OR weight ! the new tyres promised with this car seem to work well.

#16 ·
Got mine today( and the Blaupunkt car).

Superbly finished, great work Maurizio , but I haven't had chance to try them out yet.

I hope the tyres are better performers than my other Slot.it's on Sport track in non-mag form, if not I've got a couple of sets of Ortmans to fit on them. I'll report back after testing.

Regards

Alan

#17 ·
I got chance to try these cars today and I must say they are superb.

All trials are on Scalextric Sport track with a 3.5m straight, S bends and different radius curves.

First with Magnets in place, completely box standard. (Nice to see everything well greased and very smooth). Both cars really good performers with nothing between them, but how do you Guys stand running cars with magnets fitted ....yawn......I got fed up after about two minutes.

Next remove magnets and retry.......Oh dear what a difference.......

The Blaupunkt car was smooth but deslotted on S bends and spent a fair amount of the time sideways. The Repsol car was sideways most of the time and had very little traction at all!. Very poor performers.

Next, in order to combat the light front end I added 10 grams of weight just behind the front body screw mount. Performance of both cars improved, i.e they didn't deslot but did nothing for excessive fishtailing and general poor traction.

Finally I fitted some Ortmans to the rear of both cars and they were transformed. Both cars have equal performance and are a real pleasure to drive. They are very fast, (Quicker than my Slot.it Newman Porsche on S1 Silicones)

Conclusions :- 1) The tyres the Blaupunkt car and the Repsol car seem to be of completely different compounds. (I swaped over the tyres to test this observation).

2) Just removing the magnets is not enough to make a good Non-Magnet Slot.it car.

3) To transform performance on Scalextric Sport track fit Ortmans.

4) IF you run magnet cars it doesn't seem to matter which tyres you run on this car they all seem to perform equally as well.

At the end of the day these are great cars, and I can't wait for more in the series.

Regards

Alan

#24 ·
i'm not really a fan of the porsches. well i havent driven one, but i'm not too keen on the shape.

Audi R8C is the way forward. exept you cant put a sidewinder in it unless you chop the body

i'm gonna get another body for the Audi and spray it flourescent pink and white, as the black body is impossiable to see on scalextric track. lol

i cant wait till the jag comes out, its a sweet car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.