SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 is seeing a few new classes coming to Viking SCC. One I was most excited about was Slot It DTM (including the R32 Skylines too).

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Product Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Week 1 saw a strong outing for the Alfa Romeo's, with one race even seeing them claiming a 1-2-3 finish. But as the weeks rolled on, it was hard to deny the prowess of the Opel's, with top spots being regularly contested between Wayne H's and Darren C's Calibra's (with my Mercedes chasing hard).

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Infrastructure

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Jeans

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
378 Posts
What a wonderfull field off cars, great to see de slot.it stuff!!
I have them in Ninco, because we drive Digital Oxigen..tuned with oliver shapways chassis ect, only the hood is original and mostly repainted, lovely cars and indestructible considering they are 25 years old. and yes even with Ninco, the Calibra is the car to beat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a good month of racing, and certainly one of my favourite classes to race. Amazing cars and great liveries. I'm hoping that the new Slot It C-Class Mercedes DTM will be more on terms with the Calibra when that gets released. The Mercedes 190 evo comes close and is a quick car, but the Calibra definitely pips it.

·
ParrotGod
10,898 Posts
Several people have reported that the calibra is the car to have for DTM classics.
Here in NZ, some have introduced some rules to balance this (for instance allowing weight only for the alfa and lightweight interiors).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several people have reported that the calibra is the car to have for DTM classics.
Here in NZ, some have introduced some rules to balance this (for instance allowing weight only for the alfa and lightweight interiors).
This is something we are discussing for the next DTM rounds. Trying to work out if there is a simple method of balancing the field. Had considered allowing slot it tungsten weights in specific sections of the motor pod for the Alfa and Merc, maybe two in the Alfa? Trouble is that there are different chassis variations for the Alfa, one is better than the other, and it starts getting complicated then. Hadn't thought about lightweight interiors. That could be a good option.

·
ParrotGod
10,898 Posts
I like DTM cars in general and I love GT3 cars as well - I am lucky because now DTM and GT3 is the same thing, even the drivers.
I have several slot.it DTM cars but I have not run them so I have not paid too much attention.
I would start by weighing the bodies to see if there is a min body weight that can help with balancing the performance.
With the DiSCA Euro Serie, different cars from different manufactures can be run in a very competitive format and part of the success of the series is the min body weight requirement.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,491 Posts
We changed our club rules so DTM's that are allowed in our Saloon class are pre-2021. GT3 DTM's from 2021 onwards would go in our Sports class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts