SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think judging how fast calendars filled up this year it'd be wise to get this out there now.

The intention is to run a Slot.it group C open meeting for all comers, in the first half of February 2012, following the same set of rules used at the very successful event held at GT raceway.

I believe the date looking most likely is Sunday 5th Feb with practice on the 4th if there's sufficient interest.
More details will follow, but initially we're just trying to gauge interest. So if you're up for it, please post here or pm me.

Preliminary entry list so far :

Lee Green
Phil Upton
Graeme Thoburn
Michael Oliver
Josh Bryant
Julian Edwards

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due to its close proximity to the Kilburn event, this meeting has been moved to the 18th/19th of Feb 2012. Practice on Saturday with Sunday race day.

Could a mod change the date on the thread title please?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Skid mark @ 29 Nov 2011, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Entry list update:

Lee Green
Phil Upton
Graeme Thoburn
Michael Oliver
Josh Bryant
Julian Edwards
Ed Fahey
George Margan
Mario Gatt
Ronan Donohoe
Ian Newstead
Paul Hearn
Squiddy
Fishy

Thanks gents

What about Spongebob?

·
Steve Hills
492 Posts
Hi all.
I've been reading the thread trying to find out where the event is, but didn't see anything. Is There somewhere to get rules and information? Is it a team or individual event?
I'm keen to join in, so please put my name down.

cheers,
Steve Hills.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Steve Hills @ 6 Jan 2012, 08:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all.
I've been reading the thread trying to find out where the event is, but didn't see anything.

cheers,
Steve Hills.

Mea culpa!

Sorry Steve, I was having a numpty moment

The event is at Molesey Slot Car Club. The format is individual races and we want to keep things as standard as possible. The rules go as follows:

Eligible cars.

Slot.it: Jaguar XJR6/9/12, Sauber C9, Porsche 956c/956kh/962c/962kh, Mazda 787b, Lancia LC2, Toyota 88c.

Cars must remain standard apart from the following allowable changes:

1. Rear track can be made wider but when viewed from above the Wheels/Tyres mustn't be visible.
2. Front tyres can be replaced with non standard items, can be glued, trued and glazed with nail varnish or super glue.
3. Front axle ride height/travel can be adjusted with the standard spacer blocks or grub screws from below only. Top grub screw holes must be left redundant.
4. Cars supplied with 0.5mm offset mounts, must have this item replaced with a 0mm offset mount. These models should also be fitted with 15x8 wheels.
5. All body/motor mount screws can be run loose.
6. Braid, Motor wire and body/mount screws are free choice.
7. Jaguar models can have the wheel arch covers removed.
8. Windscreens wipers, aerials and door mirrors can be removed.

Please note: All motors must be bellend drive only. Traction magnets are not allowed and must be removed. One pair of rear tyres will be handed out per entry on race day and will probably be Slot.it F15s. All cars will be held in Parc ferme after scrutineering and between races. If cars are worked on after scrutineering this must be done under the supervision of a scrutineer. Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or loan secured on it.

As always, if it doesn't say it's allowed, it isn't!

If there's anything I've missed or anyone's got any questions, this is the place or PM me

Entry list so far:

Lee Green
Phil Upton
Graeme Thoburn
Michael Oliver
Josh Bryant
Julian Edwards
Ed Fahey
George Margan
Mario Gatt
Ronan Donohoe
Ian Newstead
Paul Hearn
Squiddy
Fishy
Steve Hills

We really need at least 20 to make this a good day so please check your diaries

If anyone on this list can't come it'd be nice to know in advance as tyres have to be ordered soon and I don't want a mountain of rubber hanging around, as much as I like rubber. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! rubber.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated entry list

Lee Green
Phil Upton
Graeme Thoburn
Michael Oliver
Josh Bryant
Julian Edwards
Ed Fahey
George Margan
Mario Gatt
Ian Newstead
Paul Hearn
Squiddy
Fishy
Steve Hills

Come on gents, could do with a few more to make this a go

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have taken the decision to cancel this event!

It will be rescheduled for later in the year, once our new Ninco track has been completed.

Thanks to all those who have supported this event, but at this moment in time, with the numbers we've got signed up, it simply isn't worth all the hassle of organising the handout tyres, trophies and sorting the catering.

Hopefully the new circuit will have a broader appeal and we'll try and schedule it on a weekend that doesn't clash too heavily with anything else (could be a tall order).
Once we've come up with a date, I'll post it here, but for now...that's all folks

G

·
Very,very disappointing. Hopefully a Ninco track will attract a better entry.
On the bright side, Spock's ET finger will have more time to recover for the SIC in March although the entry list so far isn't too great.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I was doing this round of the slot.it's as it was NOT on Ninco track

and was looking forward to running on a slotfire track

where the art of tyres prep had been removed

Michael

1 - 20 of 23 Posts