SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have set aside this date provisionally for an event using standard Slot It cars. The idea is to attract racers who either don't want to or don't feel comfortable tuning cars as well as the more experienced.
The cars will be box standard with the exception of braid, body and pod screws and front tyres.
No other modification will be allowed.
Tyres will be supplied on the day and the compound will be decided later.
Entry fee will be £10 to include a pair of tyres.

For the purposes of this event standard is:
9 tooth pinion
28 tooth gear
Orange bell end
Standard motor mount ( i assume that all Slot It cars come with the black mount as standard)
Full interior, spolier etc with the exception of mirrors.
Wheels 15 x 8 only

Added from Julians post

Ok, just to clear things up.

EVO 6 chassis's can have grub screws installed below the front axle only. You can also use the plastic blocks that come fitted as standard. Bearings are not allowed in the front axle mounts on EVO 6 chassis's.

Axle spacers are not allowed.

Choice of body/motor mount screws is free.

The Toyota 88c and the latest Marlboro Porsche 956 come with EVO 6 as standard, but as long as the features that define it are taken out of the equation, there's no advantage.

Wheel inserts/trims are mandatory.

Front wheels should be standard plastic only.

Just in case you were wondering, I'm not making this up, I have discussed it all with Graeme before posting.

Racing will be 15 lap heats with total time to count .
Finals to follow.
Cars will be placed in "parc-ferme" between races with any work to be carried out in front of a scrutineer using only supplied oil, tape etc

The usual sarnies etc will be available,

Doors open 8.30
Racing commences 11am
Comments welcome and add names below please

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I'm up for this , one question you say 28tooth gear does this include the alloy one ? And the new Toyota comes with 0.5mm offset mount but larger diameter rear wheels .

Good idea , personally the rules I think the sic would be best with but allowing tried tyres for the wood tracks , obviously it won't ever be like that as pendle need to make money on spares of course

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Toyota will have to use standard mount and 15.8 wheels which I forgot to mention. Aluminium or bronze gear. This isn't the SIC and designed to encourage less experienced racers as well and the comment regarding Pendles is a little inappropriate.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Why ? They run it and obviously If it was just a standard car competition they surely would loose out , which IMO is completely understandable . I hope it does attract some newcomers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a totally sepprate event Lee and not anything to do with the SIC or sales etc. Be nice to sell some cars though.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Yeah , sorry I mentioned it :/

This would be a great set of rules if it were a series put it that way .

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (fw14b @ 22 Jul 2011, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Let"s see how much interest it gets.
Just us two won't be much fun

I know , maybe people think its not an open event because its in the club section rather than events .

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Just for the record chaps - Archie bought a Mclaren from the Ossett swap meet - SICA10A - all celophane wrapped so was new and standard - it has the orange end bell but offset with large hubs.

Another one in the Toyota camp!

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi Graeme,

I to would be up for this event, should produce some really close racing.

However, the date on November 20th isn't the best for me, what are your thoughts on moving it to the day before, so Saturday 19th of November?

Regards
Jon Grainger

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Graeme, Im up for this event,so count me in. And,ill have a word with the guys from Eastcoat and Mhsc too
. Go easy mate. Matt.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi Greame,

Book myself and Craig in for this one please. Will ask Phil and Keith if they are interested.

Regards,

Steve.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts