SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
Yes, magless. These are running P6 tires, which offer pretty good grip on Sport track.
We did have to use slot.it chips. One guy couldn't get one in time, so we tried to chip with a Scalextric chip, but it would cut out unless it went REALLY SLOW. I tested the amp draw, and it was pulling 2.5 amps, which is well over the Scalextric chip limit, and this was totally free wheeling, not even sitting on the track. So, I gave him a slot.it chip out of one of my other cars, and he bought me a replacement chip later. So yeah... I'm not sure how anyone can use a scalextric chip in a stock slot.it. Two chips in parallel, maybe, or if the motor was replaced with a scaley motor or the slot.it blue can.

If you only have one slot it, you might as well stick to analog laps for now. If you ever get some more, and some experienced racers to drive them, it's worth chipping them. As you can see, they're great racers, and really close in performance.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Greg,
How do you test the amp draw - is it by just touching the rails with the two multimeter prods when the car is running?
I've never succeeded in understanding the differerent readings especially as they seem to vary between analog & digital?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
992 Posts
Being a rug racer on a small track and surrounded by funature I took the option of group C slot.it with Scaley motors. Why? P6 tyres are consistent and give consistent grip without inssesent cleanaing. The use of simple magnetic suspention and the very wide angle the guide can go, means that a major overcook of a corner means lots of lost lap time but not a de-slot. This means not so many yellow flags, so better raceing. Scaley chips are cheaper and eventually I may be upgradeing them. The lLower power of scaley motor motors is acceptable on short straights and also in the event of a high speed de-slot due to brain fade/distraction does not result in destruction of the car/funature. In all Slot.it offers an interesting demanding way to race. Pity I don't have 6 racers!

·
Greg Gaub
15,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, the C7030 PB-Pro code has a feature that will show amp draw in real time, or lock it at the highest draw. I was using my spare PB-Pro to test with and put it in that mode to see. It reported 2.5 amps.

If we had started this series earlier, before slot.it chips became available again, we might have suggested downgrading to Scalextric motors. We also wouldn't have to turn the power down quite so low. Good to know for the future, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts