SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
As per the title, few members have expressed interest in running a class for slot it group C cars in 2013. Quite a few of us own at least one of these and if we are to compete against other clubs developing these cars would be a good idea.
For all of our classes we have a number of club cars available. To introduce six cars as club cars would clearly be expensive, so is there an alternative? For example I have quite a few of the 1980s Scalextric Group C cars, I would be happy to provide them as club cars if we can get them close to slot it pace, maybe with small magnet for example.
Whatever is proposed my feeling is the club cars should be not quite as competative as drivers own cars, or what is the incentive to bring your own? finally, any thoughts on which class a slot it class would replace. Easy one............ My vote goes for losing one of our 2 outings for F1. One month a year is quite enough for the open wheelers surely.
Lots of questions...............anybody else got a viewpoint
Steve A

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
Just to poke my nose in...

At Nascot Wood, the Slot.it Group C cars we run produce probably the closest fought class we have. Just make sure that you don't allow people to use any upgrades and it keeps it nice and simple. The cars are fast and handle well - all you need to really do is put skinny tyres on the front.

ABBO

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Same at Slot it club Geneva,

What we do is skinny tires on the front (lacquired)
BRM's on the rear and make sure everybody uses the black motorpod.(The new grey motorpod is much better then the black)
Then there is also the possibility of changing braid (i run NSR soft) and to change the screws for the longer and better adjustable (brass i think) Slot it ones.

It is my favorite class by far and great fun.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
keep them standard and join the new series relaunch of the slotit challenge not sure if you will have enough power though the motors ove amps.
Zen

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Yeah come down the the new slot it series , should be a great series

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
And another outsider sticking his nose in -

We have run Slot.it Group C class at club for at least 4 years.
We opted for
Group C - Essentially stock. Orange endbell, No weight. Slot it tyres, F22, N22, silicon. Which are the same rules as we set up when the NZ Nationals were instigated the following year.

We find this class very closely fought, a nice range of cars visually. They are cheap to setup because the only extra expense allowed, is a switch of rear tyres. They are cheap to maintain, very little in parts ever required. We DO allow "tear-proof" parts replacement of rear wings from memory, to keep them looking nice. No weight addition is allowed, and we have never found it necessary for making a competitive, good handling class.

It is also a great class for teaching newbies basic setup and tuning, from basic braid setting, glue and true of tyres, chassis flattening if required and so on.
And for a new member, we can show them in 5 minutes after arriving at club, how to get the car 95% and race it out of the box.

You could even throw one or two of them into a "club owned" pool, and have non-owners able to rent them for a couple of quid per night, to re-coup cost, and point them in the direction of purchase after enjoying driving them.

While the Scaley Group C could also be made into a similar looking class, I think the QC issues, age, and individual difference and short-comings of those cars would mean some combination of lots of work/parts swap, weight, and other work to make them a level playing field and pleasurable drive in a competitive club setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts