SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,844 Posts
Hi Craig

The actual race car came in a few varieties - there was the Original GT40 which raced in various forms from around 1964 through to the 70s at LeMans, Daytona, Sebring and lots of other places. Fords developed the GT40 MKII around 1966 this was the car that final won at LeMans in 1966 when Ford GT40 MKII cars finished 1,2,3 (one of Ford's goals in developing the GT40 was to win at LeMans and beat Ferrari)

So slot.it have made a model of the Alan Mann Racing car and the Gulf car both GT40s (MK I) and then the #6 and #2 GT40 MKII from LeMans in 1966. Cars run on basically the same chassis with different body shapes to represent the 2 models the MK1 and MK II

cheers
David

·
Johnny Fuglestad
417 Posts
QUOTE (driver#8 @ 10 Feb 2012, 15:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do they compare with the NSRs - in performance terms??

We have 2 tracks, one scaly sport 30m and a 3 lane latex painted mdf. On both tracks NSR is fastest by half a second , a mosler fast lap is around 7sec.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
QUOTE (mrrc65 @ 10 Feb 2012, 17:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have 2 tracks, one scaly sport 30m and a 3 lane latex painted mdf. On both tracks NSR is fastest by half a second , a mosler fast lap is around 7sec.

Yikes! In our 1960s LM class the NSR Ford Mk.IV laps anything else. Was hoping Slot.It's pretty little GT40 could live with it!

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
What mods are you allowed ?
I haven't an NSR GT40 to compare, but I can tell you with a little weight up front and NSR rubber on, my otherwise stock Slot.It GT 40 is a little rocket and very predictable.
Thats at home on painted MDF/copper. We don't have a class for it at the club, but I have tried her there, and she was a dream to drive.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
Only what comes in the box, Savage.

The Ford Mk.IV is a shining advert for what NSR gives you in the box compared to pretty well every other manufacturer in terms of engineering, but the result is that our 1960s class is effectively a one make special if you want (or in my case need!) to get some points on the boardl of an evening. I've never been overly fond of how they look, mind.

Slot.Its are brilliant things - I've loved every one I've had - but non-mag on stock tyres they can be wilful. It'll be a while before we run this class again, but I'd love to run a Mk.I that looks like a Mk.I!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts