SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I have only run the Slot.it CA29a Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro a couple of times and was noticing it was catching somehow. Before I could really figure it out it did a complete flip up into the air as it was heading down the straight. I checked the guide had been sheared off. Luckily the chassis is okay but I need to purchase a new guide since the guide post is broken.

Which guide do I purchase for Scalextric track? There are so many model numbers. Do I get SICH06 for Scalextric track (which doesn't look like what is currently on there) or go with SICH11 for LMP/4WD? Then I see SICH88B for LMP bodies. I am pretty confused.

Any help would be appreciated. I was hoping to enjoy that 4WD system but am concerned that something is happened that I am not adjusting right. I always assume I am doing something wrong so please let me know if I need to adjust something differently as well.

· David H
4,388 Posts
I suggest you buy a replacement CH88b guide and shave a small amount off the bottom so that it's not too deep for your track.

It's fairly common for some cars to need their guides shaved to run on Scalextric track. Carrera cars come with a spare smaller guide, but other makes don't. However, before you shave your new guide, make absolutely certain that it's not a protruding part of your track that is causing the problem, rather than the entire circuit having a slot that's too shallow for Slot.it's standard guide.

Since you now have a guide with its post broken off, but otherwise intact, run the broken guide around your track by hand and see for certain where it's been catching.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive design

Attachments

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest you buy a replacement CH88b guide and shave a small amount off the bottom so that it's not too deep for your track.

It's fairly common for some cars to need their guides shaved to run on Scalextric track. Carrera cars come with a spare smaller guide, but other makes don't. However, before you shave your new guide, make absolutely certain that it's not a protruding part of your track that is causing the problem, rather than the entire circuit having a slot that's too shallow for Slot.it's standard guide.

Since you now have a guide with its post broken off, but otherwise intact, run the broken guide around your track by hand and see for certain where it's been catching.
Thank you for the information. I neglected to see that on their website. I also received word from Slot.it in the interim that you are correct, that is the correct guide. I will also check the track as well.

· Addicted Rugracer
333 Posts
My Slot.it cars run fine on my SSD track with the stock guides.

The only time I had a problem was when I fitted a new powerbase as a temporary measure and the wiring was incorrectly routed beneath the rails.

But in that instance the scaley cars were fouling too.

Was the car always catching in the same place?

Near a crossover or sensor perhaps?

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Slot.it cars run fine on my SSD track with the stock guides.

The only time I had a problem was when I fitted a new powerbase as a temporary measure and the wiring was incorrectly routed beneath the rails.

But in that instance the scaley cars were fouling too.

Was the car always catching in the same place?

Near a crossover or sensor perhaps?
No, not at all. It was in the straight. There was nothing catching. I think that it was a faulty guide post or maybe it became loose and started dragging more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.