SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking more so at slot.it LMP range. I am not really liking their guides. What options do I have available ?

I usually use sloting plus or scaleauto guides.

The scaleauto guides come in 3.4mm (1607) or 3.75mm (1603)

According to what i found - this could be wrong ? Guide post sizes:

NSR 3.4mm. slot.it 3.55. scaley 3.75.

Playing with my slot.it audi r8 lmp chassis and the slot.it CH07 guide it seems to fit fine, maybe a little bit of side to side wiggle room. I did try a Scaleauto guide (1603) which is 3.75mm but it felt a little bit looser which was a bit strange according to the above measurements.

I have put a slot.it LMP CH84 guide into my slot.it mclaren LMP but not run it yet. I had a play with the lola but couldn't get this guide to fit

Also any suggestions on the slot.it lola guide ? I am really not liking those guide designs.

Thanks

·
re member
4,096 Posts
What track type are you running on?
This often determines what guide is best.

·
Rich Dumas
3,570 Posts
I use the CH07 wood track guides on most of my cars. Most of our club tracks are wood, I shorten the guides so that they are about the same length as a Scalextric guide and trim the bottom to get the correct depth. I always use Professor Motor eyelets that are a little larger in diameter than the regular Slot.it ones that tend to pull out easily.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
See if you can fit a Thunderslot guide or a 3d deep blade guide, they work fabulous on track, just be sure the Slot on the wood is deep enough, clean and smooth... Is very unpleasant to see your car come to a total halt and Take air all of the sudden.

Cheers

·
Registered
447 Posts
See if you can fit a Thunderslot guide or a 3d deep blade guide, they work fabulous on track, just be sure the Slot on the wood is deep enough, clean and smooth... Is very unpleasant to see your car come to a total halt and Take air all of the sudden.

Cheers
That can be mitigated by chamfering the nose of the guide a little. I had a section of my Carrera track that just didn't line up because one piece was 12 or so years old and the other was brand new. I would hear this big SNAP every time going through those sections. Under close inspection the new track was not as deep as the old. So I took a file to the plastic guide in the track. It helped a little but as soon as I chamfered the nose of the guide it was nice and smooth.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I use the CH07 wood track guides on most of my cars. Most of our club tracks are wood, I shorten the guides so that they are about the same length as a Scalextric guide and trim the bottom to get the correct depth.
I meant to ask this when I initially saw it and never got around to it...

I personally prefer the SICH10 Universal screw guide which is a touch shallower (7mm vs 8) than the wood guide and generally works perfectly on all tracks I have raced on. Any reason why one would rather use the SICH07 and trim? I am OK with using and trimming Scaleauto guides as they are a lot cheaper and pretty much as good as the Slot.it guides but it seems a bit redundant to use the deep wood Slot.it guides and trim them to the same depth as their identically priced SICH10 Universal screw guide.

Cheers

Alwyn

·
Rich Dumas
3,570 Posts
Since our club tracks are wood where traction magnets are just weights I like to set up my cars so that the front tires touch and roll at all times. I like to have a little space between the upper surface of the braids and the bottom of the guide flag. Often I need to sand down the bottom of the guide flag and/or thin the bottom of the chassis in the area of the guide flag. In any case the weight of the front of the cars is on the front tires, not on the guide flag. In many cases an SICH10 guide flag would not be as deep in the slot as I would like.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since our club tracks are wood where traction magnets are just weights I like to set up my cars so that the front tires touch and roll at all times. I like to have a little space between the upper surface of the braids and the bottom of the guide flag. Often I need to sand down the bottom of the guide flag and/or thin the bottom of the chassis in the area of the guide flag. In any case the weight of the front of the cars is on the front tires, not on the guide flag. In many cases an SICH10 guide flag would not be as deep in the slot as I would like.
OK Thanks Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts