SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mark
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question, running on scalextric sport track, using slot it cars and guides. do u need to employ the sandpaper treatment to shave a few milimeters off the bottom of the blade? or is it far easier to just fold the braid over its self to raise the ride height? only place i find the guide catch's is across power cables in the powerbase. carn't decide if it's worth the surgery or just be lazy
lol
thanks!
mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mark,

I race all the time on Scalextric Sport track with Slot.It cars. I've never had to shave anything off the bottom of the guide. It has an adequate amount of clearance.

This afternoon I took my new Slot.It #202 Mazda 787B out of the box, set the magnet to our track's limit of 3X and started to run some laps. After about 20 laps the car was turning 4.5 second laps on a 67 foot course - all flat turns. No noise or any other indication that the guide flag was hitting any where.

That's just what I've seen thus far.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (McCrash @ 2 Jun 2012, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>quick question, running on scalextric sport track, (snip) only place i find the guide catches is across power cables in the powerbase. can't decide if it's worth the surgery or just be lazy
lol
thanks!
mark

Looks to me that these cables are the culprit then, though I'm no expert on this type of track. My suggestion would be you see if you can get them out of your way
(especially seeing that fl_slotter has no issues with these cables combined with slot.it guides).

Just my tuppence though,
Jan

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had the same issue on scalextric track of the older style standard guide clipping the analog powerbase wires.

I changed the guide on a couple cars to the ch17 guide with the angled leading bottom edge and it seems to clear the powerbase wires fine now.

I found the newer ch66 guide with the longer blade extended to the front of the guide also seems to clear the powerbase wires.

the other way you could go could be to adjust the front axle hight to have the front wheels touch and lift the guide just enough to clear the powerbase wires think it's only around 2mm hight you need to make to clear those wires.

·
Mark
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies!
i thought it was just me at first, glad u had the same problem grunt! rest of scalextric track they have been fine. the guides that are in the cars are push fit ones, i didn't notice the spare's i bought were different. my spare ones are fixed in with screws so i'll try those, they have a slight angle on them so hopefully they will sort it!

thanks
mark

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Over the years SlotIt have made several different guides. Some are longer, some are deeper. If you are using a deep guide then folding your braid back makes no sense as you'll be shortening potential electrical contact, so the obvious answer is to go to Tesco and buy some girly nailfile boards and start sanding until you stop hitting your wires. Angling the front by 0.5mm will help, too.

·
Ian
99 Posts
I'm with Screwneck never raise the front, the lower the better a little sanding adjustment has to be the way to go, though I have never had a problem with the standard Slot.it guides on Sport track

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
the main reason for sanding the slot-it guide is for digital use if you are using pitlane game or if it has been modded to pitpro spec.

For some reason the sensor sits a little higher in this section and is easily wiped off by a standard slot-it guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts