SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a thought for a fun series or even just a single event.

Rules are:

- Must use a Slot.It HRS chassis.
- All parts excluding body, motor and tyres must be Slot.It.
- Any body can be used so long as it is in current production from one of the following manufacturers:
Ninco, SCX, Scalextric, Carrera, Fly, Slot.It, Proslot, Pink Kar, Cartrix, Proteus, Auto Art, Vanquish, MRRC, Spirit, Team Slot, Revell or Gom.
- Body may be painted, but not modified in any other way.

Would you be interested if it was run at a race track near you?

Basically, I just thought it would be nice to make a championship or event where people could race bodies that they like, where the chassis is uncompetitive (like the Carrera Bently). Also, Slot.It stuff is great for quality and ease of use, and the HRS chassis is good for running on wooden and plexi tracks.

What do you reckon?

McLaren

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Good idea, and as such it's not new - it has been / will be used for several 24h races

But as a minimum, I believe you would have to specify something about the motor's magnatraction effect - i.e. current Spanish "open frame" motors (think NC-6) do have a perceptible advantage on plexy tracks

And, PSU type / ampacity would also need to be stated

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: PSU details. Obviously, all contestants would be able to see pictures of the track and have details about it.

However, at the moment it's just an idea, and if I were to run it, it would be too far away for many of the SF crew. I just wanted to know if you guys thought it was a good idea.

Didn't know it was used for a 24 hour race. How did it go?

RE: NC6 being better with steel rails. I would still allow all motors, because on some tracks, an NC6 is too fast and on some it is too slow, so you'd have to find a compromise between speed ina striaght line, and speed round a corner.

Mclaren

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE - Body may be painted, but not modified in any other way.
Needs careful wording because alteration would HAVE to be made to fit an HRS chassis on most bodies.

Excellent idea and very similar grounding to the SlotTech Porsche Regs which I am (by chance) reading as we speak.

International racing is the way of the future, all with equal rules so you can go race in any Country at any time at any Club.
We will get there for sure!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that was my thinking...

Speak to a couple of club representatives, get the same event organised at a couple of clubs. And the top 5 drivers all meet up at a neutral track for a final.

I know there are more details to think about (like what track is truely neutral...) but it's just a thought at the moment.

If you are in Britain and run (or help run/organise) a club, and would be interested in running an event like this, please post here.

McLaren

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like a superb idea.

As you say, cars like the Bentley and Porsche from Carrera are rarely used because of their unfriendly under-pinnings.

I'm sure the squad of Northerners up here could be interested. Mr Windle could be the man to talk to.

I'll support it.

James

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
I really like the HRS chassis and use it in our unlimited GT series at our club. We've joined in with the TSRF championship which runs across the country using the same base excellent chassis on top of which you add which ever body top you want. Series works really well and although I've not joined them (I can't persaude my good lady wife to let me out twice a week for slot car racing - I take it as a good sign that she still wants me!) the other club members like it, ie the series in principle will work really well.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts