SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a thought for a fun series or even just a single event.

Rules are:

- Must use a Slot.It HRS chassis.
- All parts excluding body, motor and tyres must be Slot.It.
- Any body can be used so long as it is in current production from one of the following manufacturers:
Ninco, SCX, Scalextric, Carrera, Fly, Slot.It, Proslot, Pink Kar, Cartrix, Proteus, Auto Art, Vanquish, MRRC, Spirit, Team Slot, Revell or Gom.
- Body may be painted, but not modified in any other way.

Would you be interested if it was run at a race track near you?

Basically, I just thought it would be nice to make a championship or event where people could race bodies that they like, where the chassis is uncompetitive (like the Carrera Bently). Also, Slot.It stuff is great for quality and ease of use, and the HRS chassis is good for running on wooden and plexi tracks.

What do you reckon?

McLaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: PSU details. Obviously, all contestants would be able to see pictures of the track and have details about it.

However, at the moment it's just an idea, and if I were to run it, it would be too far away for many of the SF crew. I just wanted to know if you guys thought it was a good idea.

Didn't know it was used for a 24 hour race. How did it go?

RE: NC6 being better with steel rails. I would still allow all motors, because on some tracks, an NC6 is too fast and on some it is too slow, so you'd have to find a compromise between speed ina striaght line, and speed round a corner.

Mclaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that was my thinking...

Speak to a couple of club representatives, get the same event organised at a couple of clubs. And the top 5 drivers all meet up at a neutral track for a final.

I know there are more details to think about (like what track is truely neutral...) but it's just a thought at the moment.

If you are in Britain and run (or help run/organise) a club, and would be interested in running an event like this, please post here.

McLaren

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the good words...

QUOTE I take it as a good sign that she still wants me!)

Or she just doesn't want you having any more fun than her!!

McLaren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.