SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
Oh, interesting move out of leftfield. I love that Maserati exhaust note and a Slot It model will be on my list... immediately.

Mind, I don't think that's it running on the track. If it is, then they've given the job of getting the shape right to a guy with a white stick
blink.png
and my order is cancelled.

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
I kinda thought that, too. Although I also thought Nissan 350z, maybe? Just couldn't convince myself of either. But the more I looked, the more I became convinced it ain't the Maser'.

·
ParrotGod
7,911 Posts
That car is a Toyota GT86:

25445784171_89acd9f958_c.jpg

25512399536_c4b28d5c0b.jpg

which is not bad at all! It could be the case that they are going to do a new class based on the 86/BRZ races.

I think that the Granturismo is coming anyway.

Reading more, the maserati is aimed at home racing. Maybe the Toyota as well.

My understanding is that these new cars will be provided as part of the policar track sets.

I still believe that these are quite exciting new cars.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I would say you are spot on and that is a Toyota-which doesn't interest me a bit. However, a Maser I would buy like a shot. It appears they are also doing a Ferrari P4 in the Policar range and thats another must-have.

TED...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Here is the announcement on their FaceBook page, with a better look at the car, and the post from Policar with a good look at their upcoming P4...

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
I drive a GT86 in real life.

I'd be first in the queue for some (SSD chipped digital) GT86s.....2 liveried and 2 white kits please.

·
ParrotGod
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If slot.it enters the GT3 space, we are in for some interesting new models (Japanese GT anyone?).

I also like the policar ferrari P4.

Interesting times ahead.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Oh this is NOT good for my new years resolution to reduce my Slot Car budget!!!!!!
I love GT3 cars and the F330 is one of the best looking cars ever made.

Hmm, looks like Scalextric Rally are for the cut to start with.

·
Premium Member
5,465 Posts
Grunz, have you seen Revoslot are threatening a Toyota Supra? Nice. But even nicer-rer-rer would be one of the NSXs they raced against. I'd take an R33 rival at a push.

And a P4? Man, I hate Ferraris but my absolute favourite Matchbox car, was my P4. Practically wore out its little plastic tyres, I did. For the memory of that gorgeous toy and those happy hours with my face down at eye level, I will have to have one of these.

·
ParrotGod
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep I have seen the news about Revo Slot. A bit eclectic I must say the choices of next models. I was expecting something that we could pitch against the current porsche.

·
Phil Clayton
882 Posts
Did the Maser race in international GT3 or was it only in a national series (Italian?). I've see the Maser GT4 version in British GT, but that's a different car...
sad.png

02-DSCF0573.JPG

Might have made sense to make the GT4 version of the Maser to race with the GT86?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the Maserati is not officialy homologated in GT3. I don't know if it is a cup version that has been raced in Open GT or a non homologated GT3 version. I think that non homologated can be run in national GT series, Open GT and VLN. Maybe also in IMSA in the GTD category.

This said, I would by far have prefered a Mirage GR7 to race against the Ferrari 312PB and the Matra.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts