SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Not sure of the body differences, if any, between an IMSA 10 and a WEC 11.
The 89 and 90 silk cut liveries were different on the WEC 11, the mustard/gold stripes were deleted for 90.
The 11 also ran in Japan, green JVC livery and green Suntec.
Maurizio makes good mould choices to maximize colour schemes, too bannana.
Back to the Sarthe next month, it seems only yesterday we had Jag mania, happy days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 89 and 90 silk cut liveries were different on the WEC 11, the mustard/gold stripes were deleted for 90.
Maurizio makes good mould choices to maximize colour schemes, too bannana.
Back to the Sarthe next month, it seems only yesterday we had Jag mania, happy days.
I've only been to Le Mans once. Luckily for me it was 1988! :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
1988 was a good year to go, that Sunday morning rain shower made it a bit slippery for the 962 of
hard charging Stucky, we didn't know at the time that Lammers was basically stuck in gear so a cracking job of nursing it home.
It was a popular win all around, I'd gone over in my MGA roadster, driving back up to Caen on the Monday morning for the afternoon Brittany Ferrys to Portsmouth, the old road through Alencon, Sees and Falaise was lined with folks watching and cheering old British cars.
These days locals still line the bridges of the A28 to Rouen to watch the returning fans,cooking Renault hatch for this year's trip, hoping to take 9112102646 back next year to see the Peugeots win.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Toy Automotive design Vehicle Motorsport Automotive exterior

My shelf of Shaguars, with space for an XJR-8 (1987 was as good a Le Mans battle as 1988) and an XJR-11. My '14' is the old SRS repainted, but it scrubs up okay and races beautifully.

Given the minimal differences and endless recycling of chassis from one year/type to the next at TWR, it's all fairly academic, but I think the big difference was that the 10 ran different floors to the 11, more suited to the agricultual circuits on which IMSA resided. Topside I can't see any differences, and while I'm sure Maurizio will get around to it, I'd quite like to have a go myself.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Tommy was rumoured to be quite adept at billing Jaguar for a new tub, when it was nothing of the sort
Yes, I have it on good authority that the only pukka Group C Jag in existence is the XJR-6 that competed once at Le Mans in 1986 before being put into TW's office, where it remained until the receivers moved in. All the others were fudged, rebuilt, renamed and turned into other things before they magically reappeared as soon as Group Cs started to fetch £1 million apiece!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks lovely. I'm very tempted to a white kit to make an '11' for my Jag shelf but to do that properly will probably need Hiroboy paints and an airbrush, which I have not. Fingers crossed that the longer wheelbase makes this one a Jag that can cope with the fastest of Maurizio's other Group C fayre!
In my experience Jags C, perform great on tracks with R2-R3 corners, also with a Sw pod (more torque and direct power) have a pair that use for medium-small tracks, both have a good winning record.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very pleased with mine although I haven't run it yet. OTB, it sat a bit cock-eyed but that was an easy fix. What we need now from Slot.it is the XJR14....
TED....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Think LMM did the Jag badged as a Mazda and Fly did the Jag badged as a panzer.
Do I remember LM 1992 as being very very very wet.
Tonight at N Staffs we're running old fly, scaley or SCX, my choice dug out from a box in the attic is an scx srs2 Mazda 787, handles surprisingly well on the 100 foot wooden track, lap times in practice on Monday were near to the scx DTM class, nice to run something different

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very pleased with mine although I haven't run it yet. OTB, it sat a bit cock-eyed but that was an easy fix. What we need now from Slot.it is the XJR14....
TED....
Er? No. We need the MXR01. I mean, it's the same difference but let's have another funky harlequin livery next, eh? 👍
Now I have taken a look at what all those letters and numbers mean...MJRX1401 or something... I want both...

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Tonight at N Staffs we're running old fly, scaley or SCX, my choice dug out from a box in the attic is an scx srs2 Mazda 787, handles surprisingly well on the 100 foot wooden track, lap times in practice on Monday were near to the scx DTM class, nice to run something different
We have a dedicated SRS2 class - it's all Jaguar, the Mazdas just can't get there. Still fun, mind you!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
We have a dedicated SRS2 class - it's all Jaguar, the Mazdas just can't get there. Still fun, mind you!
LOL so nothing's changed in 30 years then eh? We ran the SRS2's when they were new at my club in the 90's. Even then it was all Jag's no Mazda's
They are just a few grams heavier than the Jag's and most of the weight is on top...but makes all the difference in a stock class.
Although at our club and me in specific... they never remained stock...for long...something else that hasn't changed 😇

Here's an old shot from the SRS2 championship @ the MRCL, Leeuwarden, NL in 1994. Converted a whole stack of SXC Jag XJR14 's into Toyota TS-010's
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive design

Ok to justify my slight run off topic....altough I don't do racing at club level anymore...might pick up a XJR10 to convert it into a XJR 16.
Just loved those double stack rear wings

Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design

I assume the next XJR10 livery for Slot.it would be the Bud light, so might wait for that, then I "only|" need to do the rear wing
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
10,898 Posts
That big wing hanging on its tail is a disaster to happen...not to mention a lot of extra weight hanging out on the back.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts