SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
It's the exact same as xj12 but it's now got painted eye lids ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the post on FB from them has this info attached:
This Jag comes with several improvements on the previous models:
1 - inline 0.5mm offset motor mount
2 - 16.5mm diameter rear wheels
3 - EVO6 chassis, with narrower side to avoid any possible interference with body
4 - redesigned cockpit: lighter and with large clearance to the motor mount
5 - body is now properly flush with bottom of chassis due to redesigned supports
6 - new pickup
7 - extra parts included: racing, lighter airscoop, and racing (and painted) rear wing
Altogether this car can reach a weight between 19 and 20g

(although im unclear as to what constitutes the "previous models", but it did make me think it might be different)

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Jagman,

I have one which I will be racing this year so what can I tell you

1 - inline 0.5mm offset motor mount = Discarded gone for the Angle-winder Motor Mount.
2 - 16.5mm diameter rear wheels = Discarded I race with air hubs.
3 - EVO6 chassis, with narrower side to avoid any possible interference with body = True
4 - redesigned cockpit: lighter and with large clearance to the motor mount = Discarded gone for I use a lightweight one.
5 - body is now properly flush with bottom of chassis due to redesigned supports = True.
6 - new pickup = Discarded gone for screw in deep guide.
7 - extra parts included: racing, lighter airscoop, and racing (and painted) rear wing = This is a really nice option much better than the old black ones.

Other than that it's pretty much the same....

Errrm Sorry that's not much help is it

·
Vendor
2,940 Posts
QUOTE (bleep @ 31 Dec 2011, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Jagman,

I have one which I will be racing this year so what can I tell you

1 - inline 0.5mm offset motor mount = Discarded gone for the Angle-winder Motor Mount.
2 - 16.5mm diameter rear wheels = Discarded I race with air hubs.
3 - EVO6 chassis, with narrower side to avoid any possible interference with body = True
4 - redesigned cockpit: lighter and with large clearance to the motor mount = Discarded gone for I use a lightweight one.
5 - body is now properly flush with bottom of chassis due to redesigned supports = True.
6 - new pickup = Discarded gone for screw in deep guide.
7 - extra parts included: racing, lighter airscoop, and racing (and painted) rear wing = This is a really nice option much better than the old black ones.

Other than that it's pretty much the same....

Errrm Sorry that's not much help is it

Yes, other than body chassis motor mount wheels cockpit pickup and free spares it's pretty much the same

Or put it like this, front wheels axles bushings crown and motor are the same

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I have just Finished building my XJR6 for the 2012 SIC. The car is based off the XJR9 but has been improved from its original form. The body has been tweaked and is now loads better than the original XJR9. The new mods mean it is a little lighter than before and is now fitted the latest Evo 6 XJR9/12 chassis which doesn't allow the body to drop below the chassis scraping the track. From memory the body is about 3-4 grams lighter that the original. My Car now runs with a Angle winder set up in a non offset mount ready for this years championships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts