SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the CA22a Slot It Lola and noticed the drivers names on the side windows have been printed upside down. I checked on various other sites and couldn't find any similar cars. The other pictures seemed to show smaller printing in a single line but the photos aren't that clear. Has anyone else noticed this, got a similar error or is this the way it should be? Unlikely I'd have thought but you never know! Could anyone show me a close up picture of the other version?

Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
weird indeed , as a collector gonna check mine 2 lola's tonight .
would love to have on of these misprinted one's for the collection

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sure would appear that you have one of those 'oddities' that happens from time to time. My Lola is just a standard model with the names printed upright in a single line on both sides of the cab sides.

Does that increase the value? I have no idea.

I do know that properly tuned, it is one fast slot car!

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Hello Turboslot,
What are the driver names on the plinth? Do they match ?

I believe there was a guy on SlotForum who produced his own decals for this car.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 12 Jun 2012, 18:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Turboslot,
What are the driver names on the plinth? Do they match ?

The drivers names match those on the plinth with the exception of missing Emanuele Pirro. It sounds as if the "normal" version has all 3 drivers listed. Can anyone add a picture to prove it?

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
The standard cars have all 3 names on the plinth - good photos on the Slot.It Facebook page - Linky

I wonder if your car is a version that was produced for the Drayson Team ?

Fascinating...

Edit: There are pictures the car with decals like yours on the team page - except of course the names are the correct way up.
Linky

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (Turboslot @ 12 Jun 2012, 20:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can anyone add a picture to prove it?

I'll bring one along to the club tomorrow so you can see it in the flesh, care to bring yours along too?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 12 Jun 2012, 22:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The standard cars have all 3 names on the plinth - good photos on the Slot.It Facebook page - Linky

I wonder if your car is a version that was produced for the Drayson Team ?

Fascinating...

Edit: There are pictures the car with decals like yours on the team page - except of course the names are the correct way up.
Linky

Thanks for the links, great pictures.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Farnham Nerfee @ 13 Jun 2012, 00:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll bring one along to the club tomorrow so you can see it in the flesh, care to bring yours along too?

OK.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Just spotted that this is similar to the NSCC club car 2012 - Linky to NSCC

Of course - on the car shown, the driver names are the correct way around...

Kind regards, Leo

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Leo,

You are correct it is very similar to this year's NSCC club car, ours carries a different number and the driver is Paul Drayson, limited to 312 in total.

Regards,

Jeznaylor

·
Registered
212 Posts
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 8 Jul 2012, 00:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just spotted that this is similar to the NSCC club car 2012 - Linky to NSCC

Of course - on the car shown, the driver names are the correct way around...

Kind regards, Leo

hi

where or how can i obtain this car ?

best regards

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
This car is only available to NSCC members. LINKY

You have two options:

1) Join the NSCC and buy one at normal price.

2) Wait for the usual greedy member of the NSCC to stick his on eBay and then you can pay stupid money for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts