SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Slot it Lola this week.

A car I and many others i expect was looking forward to getting hold off.

Well it is finally here.

I race at a club (Nascot Wood) so I am intending to race this car.

It's first run tonight is in our open class which is just for fun.

So

first impressions.

Looks great in the box. The livery looks great especially to a brit i suspect.

un wrapped it and there was a rattle.

Could not identify at first as all parts seemed to be in the right place.

Ah the drivers head has fallen off................ he may have a bit of trouble seeing where he is going

Right down to business.

First thing i do is strip down any car that is going to race.

There was no lubrication anywhere it seems, easily rectified but still.

Now to the guide.

I deem my self to be quite dextrous but fitting the new guide took an age.
I have spent the best part of an hour trying to get the new design to self centre and have failed.
If this type of car needs a guide or braid change during an endurance event then plenty of practice will need to have been carried out before hand.

I just hope it goes better than the new guide indicates better not go to fast and deslot.

One disappointed slot it fan who just hopes tonight club night will prove them wrong with the guide.

DrH

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Easy took me 10 minutes to do the guide this time ... Do not use supplied spare braids they are too hard . Make a hole in new braids and put the wire in. Don't use the standard slot it wire it's too thick . Nsr wire is much better and mine self centres fine !

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Flange @ 4 May 2012, 16:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Easy took me 10 minutes to do the guide this time ... Do not use supplied spare braids they are too hard . Make a hole in new braids and put the wire in. Don't use the standard slot it wire it's too thick . Nsr wire is much better and mine self centres fine !

I think you may be right as the supplied braids are way to hard. I will try the NSR wire but really the supplied slot it braid and wire should do as per their other cars.

DrH

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Mine arrived today from TSnT and went straight to the track. On my relatively technical 12m Scalex track, at 9V and without magnets, FLY classics do 5s laps. Slot.it Group C (with the new C1 tyres) are around the 4.70s mark, FLY racing (with C1 tyres) are at 4.60s, Ninco Prorace Ford GT/R8 are at 4.50s, Slot.it R8C, the fastest car I have, holds the record at 4.46s.

I did a 4.19s after 30 laps with the Lola - stock tyres, no magnet, only the guide replaced with the spare one. I am very impressed. Can't wait for more running and I can probably still shave at least 0.05s off that time.

Regarding installing the guide, it's not that complicated and can take only a minute. Have the wires above the chassis, feed them through the holes in the braids and bend them so that they don't get loose from the braids. Then stick the braids with the wires connected through the hole in the chassis and into the guide below the chassis (contrary to the Slot.it PDF guide, I put the braids in from the back side as I had wires already fitted). Pull the braids out front to fasten them in the guide. Snap the guide into the chassis, bend the braids downwards and off you go.

However the old guide system is definitely faster to exchange. I do like this new guide though, especially the wires can't get loose easily anymore. And there's no more M2 screws in the guide, which I have always found odd.

Thanks Slot.it for a great car.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 4 May 2012, 17:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bit different to the 10 seconds on a Scalextric though!

Scalex are carp though

I would rather this take an hour than drive a scalex guided car

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Run it around at the club last night before we started racing and it seems ok.

Seems quite stable but a deslot loses time more than normal thanks to no self centring.

I do still like the lvery. The car does look good on the track.

Spoke to a few people whom have already raced the white kit that was available from Italy and the new guide system seems to come as a surprise however with a fair amount of effort they have got it to self centre.

Thanks for the links to the slot it quide which i had looked at, it does not help with the self centring which is my main gripe

As per flange's suggestion i will try changing the braid and wire, that will have to wait until next month though.

I would like any one whom read this to make up their own mind on the car as it has great potential and some as posted have great results with it.

DrH

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Lola has had a proper workout now before our club races.

I have changed the rear tyres to F15's and the fronts to Z0 on the front.

Most of the guys at the club had a go.

Wow this car is very fast and very stable.

My NSR Mossler last week ran a 9.53 which is my fastest lap ever around our track. This has gearing to suit the track which is a different ratio from standard and slot it tyres.

This car has been below 9.5 already.

Now a question it is stated that the motor is 20.5k but it was in doubt last night as all thought that it had more go in it than that would expect.

Next stop is to change the braids to something softer.

So second impression i am well impressed.

DrH

·
Registered
913 Posts
I got the white kit and built it up with a flat 6R motor, left the gearing as it comes, and fitted independant front axle, zero grips on the front and nsr ultra 19x10's on the rear.
On wood track I can drive it faster than my nsr mosler (7.4's for the nsr and this is in the 7.3's), its more forgiving to drive albeit quite different to drive.

I have had no problem with the guide, like anything new it takes a little time to get used to but changing the braids is no real problem and can be done in a few mintes.

I am very pleased with the lola, slot-it has made a great leap forward with this and it will be nice to see something different from the usual nsr's in the top places!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts