Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Graeme.
Very Smart!
But what we really want to know is, how is the testing going? BRM 'low torque' motor and BRM 22 shore tyres...any good around your big Ninco track?
See you at Gaydon,
Regards Bill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Hobby @ 12 May 2012, 16:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But what we really want to know is, how is the testing going? BRM 'low torque' motor and BRM 22 shore tyres...any good around your big Ninco track?

I can't say that the BRM motor is the best i have ever used but the tyres seem fine. I have a feeling that this race is going to be VERY close. Those that have to use a small can Slot It V12 are definately not going to be at a disadvantage.

See you Sunday.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Who's running the NSR? Can I put money on him? Or MSC?

I had a wry smile. It is slot.it but has BRM motor and tyres. It is like all the Fly's/AutoArt/Teamslots that have slot.it components.

What percentage of parts does a car have to have to be able to qualify as being from a specific manufacturer?

The chassis ? Could one enter a Slot.it Lola with NSR running gear as long as it had BRM motor and tyres?

Just asking?

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
1 - you can use any part from the specific maker, except motor and tyres.
2 - BRM motor and BRM tyres are sanctioned for the race and hand out.
3 - if a maker's car does not allow long can motors, team must use Slot.it orange endbell V12s (hand out). This applies to Scalex and MSC.

The BRM motor long can and the Slot.it V12 have the same power (approx 12W) but the Slot.it one weights approx 12g less, off my head.

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
QUOTE (Abarth Mike @ 15 May 2012, 02:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who's running the NSR? Can I put money on him? Or MSC?

Team from Gainsborough are running NSR this year....pretty much the same lot that came 3rd with Slotting Plus last year. Will be very interesting this year...a lot closer than last year i think due to the changes in the rules

Looks good Graeme...hopefully i won't be seeing the back of it too much!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Good luck to you too Les. (it is Lee
)

As for some of the other comments - (all irrevelant comments have been removed)
I thought the cars looked ok. The tyres might not fit the arches but they are set up to hopefully be competitive in a race, not win a concours trophy. I and many others think that the Lola is a nice looking car and Slot It have produced a really good car. Oh well, back to counting matches, I'm sure Swan Vesta don't put enough in the box.

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
As can be seen I have altered the previous post and the italics are my comments

Irrelevant posts about "I wish they had made this or that model" or put these wheels on a car you can discuss in another part of the forum. People have private messages about the deleted ones.

As Graeme has pointed out these cars have been prepared by the factory for a race meeting. Fastest wins

It is great to see the cars in the factory colours to be raced in the UK this Sunday at Gaydon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Graeme fine looking race cars mate. Takes a long time to put together a white kit properly x2.

Good luck Sunday, watch out for Team Molesey and good luck to the rest of the teams.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Cheers Mark,it's not often I agree with a "mod"s edit".

Actually the "factory prepared" cars arrive Sunday so my two will probably stay in the box.

Thanks Phil and good luck to all the teams.

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
Graeme, you did a fine job, thanks - actually it reminds me of some old Policar cars, the Ford GT and the Ferrari 250 LM, whose moulds were arrenaged so that Ferrari's cockpit tray was in Fords mould, and viceversa.
Policar made a red Ferrari and a yellow Ford, so Ferrari had yellow cockpit and Ford red!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.