SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Grunz, I thought about that but thought it might be of interest to the greater slot car community rather than keeping it to myself. I'm hoping Slot iT might pick this up. If they have a definitive list of part numbers, I'm hoping they migh post it here for all to see.

GG

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kevan, thats a great start. It looks like an official Slot iT site. I have a motor mount thats not listed and I know of others. What I am hoping for is a list of motor mounts from CH1 to present.

Really appreciate you help.

GG

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,755 Posts
Hi Kevan, thats a great start. It looks like an official Slot iT site. I have a motor mount thats not listed and I know of others. What I am hoping for is a list of motor mounts from CH1 to present.

Really appreciate you help.

GG
It is official, it's SlotIt's website.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Why don't you post a picture of the motormount you're talking about? Perhaps it's not even a Slot It mount at all, as other manufacturers (like MB Slot or Spirit) have made mounts that look a lot like Slot It mounts, but aren't made by Slot It at all.
The difference is mostly in the details.

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,371 Posts
Graham,
I Don't think such a list exists
Slot it have gone through many versions of mount.
The modern equivalent to ch25 (sidewinder 1mm offset) is ch65 and this is called "evo 6"

Some mount types no longer exist. For example the can-end drive small can inline mount.
Modern small can inlines are "end bell drive".

Slot it would have no interest in keeping legacy lists for parts they no longer make.

AlanW

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,755 Posts
I'm failing to see the point of a list of parts that includes obsolete part numbers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alan, Kevan, both valid points. I suppose its probably a generation thing.

Still hoping someone from Slot iT might see this thread. I'll give it another week then contact them direct.

GG

·
Rich Dumas
4,114 Posts
If I recall correctly the original Slot.it sidewinder motor mounts were for endbell drive motors, later on they came out with mounts for can end drive motors and the endbell drive mounts were dropped.
The CH40 endbell drive sidewinder motor pod was for 18mm spur gears and the CH03 was for 19mm diameter spur gears, there was also 0.5mm and 1.0mm offset pods, Ch25 and CH44.

·
David H
4,200 Posts
I'm failing to see the point of a list of parts that includes obsolete part numbers.
  1. It's interesting. History often is.
  2. A lot of us have cars that use obsolete parts, many stores still have limited stock of obsolete parts, so knowing the reference number or description of a part helps a lot when trying to source one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rich, you are spot on. It wasn't until I used Kevan's link that I learnt that Slot It used to make mounts for 18 / 19mm diameter spur gears.

David makes the very point about replacement parts for old cars. Could be useful.

Cheers all.

GG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts