SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Got mine a few days ago. Looks very nice. and well finished, apart from the dust specks in the finish.

Will give it a good thrashing when I get me circuit up in a few days, I just hope it runs a little better than my other two 956's out of the box!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there!

Let me assure you now, this car will see the track.

However before that happens the car is having Overdrive lights installed that will will show you step by step, on video, here on SlotForum.

We intend to install 4 front lights, a cockpit light and hopefully two rears if we can fit them in.

Watch the Photography and Video forum over the following week

Julian.

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Hopefully I should get mine in the post today, although it won't be seeing the track as it is destined for the show cabinet. I have one of the "Kenwood" one's for racing with.

M

·
Vendor
2,977 Posts
Hi.
As some of you might have noticed the 'Dunlop' tyres are made of a different compound from the old one. This should largely improve the performance 'out from the box'. All Porsches come now with this new compound.

For lighting, if you want to try our own (Slot.it) kit, the rear 1.8mm LEDs can fit in the narrow open rectangle on the side of the tail lights - this will avoid removing the tail lights, if you wish so, while at the same time have the rear LEDs glow in the dark...

OH, BTW the 'Spirit of America' have left our office. It was a very difficult decoration to make, but came out really nice.

Best regards

Maurizio

·
Registered
543 Posts
got spirit of america car couple days ago. only fault i see is the red stripes going into the naca ducts behind the cockpit. not the smoothest transition going in. barely noticable.

also seen on Spirit/America the red stripes are sooo long. i don't know how tampo stamping is done. so. the back third of the car looks to have been done with its own 'stamp'. two of the stripes on the back are wider than those the meet from the middle. and some of the overlap from middle to back shows as darker red spots.

again not very noticable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just got my Slot.it Newman Porsche...(my 1st Slot.it car...) very nice indeed...
Maurizio and everyone at Slot.it

My kids were pleased too as it was a (belated) fathers day present...

Now I have a dilemma (yeah right!)... its my birthday next week... do I go for a HRS rolling chassis kit or another Porsche???
What a choice....

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
I tried the new Porsche on my test track. Very, very impressed with it.

This car has restored my faith in Slot.it, I just wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that this car is stored flat in the very smart presentation box and not on a plinth as per the normal Slot.it cars. The chassis is completley straight. Interesting.

Mine came with the Dunlop tyres already fitted. Grip is much improved, at least on Sport track.

Well done all at Slot.it.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
not had a problem with the slot it boxes as they use a "T" peice like Proslot and ninco. and they also have the chassis raised so please go back to the early boxes!

What are the compound of the dunlops people? are they P3's?

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (goldfish_samurai @ 7 Oct 2004, 12:55)Thats a fantastic peice of work there... really impressive. You must be extremely pleased!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there!

You know what? I am on

We have the whole install on DV tape too.

It was Swissracer's idea to install a cockpit light as he had not done one before. I opted for the blue as I thought it would offset nicely against the yellow paint.

It does of course have rear lights too.

It looked wonderful going around Farnham last night although the motor was giving me a few problems before it bedded in. I did run the motor in briefly at home, but only for about ten minutes at 6 volts which simply wasn't enough. After a couple of minutes at Farnham it freed up nicely and seems to be stonking now.

Happy days!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts