SlotForum banner

Slot.it Newman Porsche 956

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  PAULH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys due to severe restrictions put upon my wallet I cannot buy the above slot car but I am going to turn one of my old Scaley Porsches into one

http://www.slotcity.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1931

Hi guys due to severe restrictions put upon my wallet I cannot buy the above slot car but I am going to turn one of my old Scaley Porsches into one

By respraying it in the above livery would anyone be able to supply me with the/or some of the decals that are pictured on the car

I would be able to pay as I am sure it would be cheaper than buying the new car !

Plus fun aswell I will post my efforts as I proceed!

Many thanks in advance

p.s sorry for the use of caps doh!

Mod Message: Caps are easily fixed!

See less See more
#8 ·
Caution: The 1984 and 1985 LeMans winners are similar. As are the sister car numbered 8.

I'd suggest researching out the version that you are planning to replicate before applying decals.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
dont know if this works but here is my first couple of coats (just really want to see if this host works really

this is my first offical attempt at airbrushing and i am pleased with the results

i will work on the images as they are not as high a resolution as i would like but at least i know it works

here is the second phase of my handiwork let me know what u guys think ?

#16 ·
I might be getting a Kenwood Porsche Slot It. If we like your finished Newman-which I'm sure we'll love, what would you charge for the whole paintjob and decals? Id like to have the Slot It Newman but I would like o race it so damage is likely and its a limited edition so damage would cause a decline in price. I believe Aurora AFX did a Newman 956. Not very highly painted or detailed. When do you think you'll have the body completely finished?

#17 ·
QUOTE (MR MAX @ 23 Oct 2004, 19:17)I might be getting a Kenwood Porsche Slot It. If we like your finished Newman-which I'm sure we'll love, what would you charge for the whole paintjob and decals? Id like to have the Slot It Newman but I would like o race it so damage is likely and its a limited edition so damage would cause a decline in price. I believe Aurora AFX did a Newman 956. Not very highly painted or detailed. When do you think you'll have the body completely finished?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am joping to have it finished hopfully within the next week i have some decals ordered with iceman and also have some hopfully on their way from pato's but as you know he is in australia so i am just really waiting on those i still have some work to do before the decals arrive but it will not take long to do

i am flattered to be reciving this much interest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.