Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maurizio Ferrari sent these in to us, with instructions not to release them until the 13th...

Well it is now the 13th so enjoy !!

and many thanks to Slot.It

These are the first pictures of a plastic, injected model of the Nissan
R390 GT1 by Slot.it. There will be two versions:-

The Race version (click each pic to get a larger version)

The Road version

The pictures are not very clear but give a good impression of this stunning model, which promises to be one of the most detailed slot cars on the market as well as a very competitive racer. It took Slot.it two years to develop it, and for a good reason!..

The car features complete driver, fully detailed interior and cockpit, engine bay with motor, push rods, exhausts, water piping, turbos, air intake scoops, intercoolers and suspension springs, and completely new BS wheels inserts.

Both ROAD (painted, badly, red in the pictures) and RACE versions will be made. The many differences between the two versions are: rear wing, front lights, side panels, rear mirrors.

The car was assembled from moulds test shots and race tested (after only 20 shakedown laps) this past monday with excellent results on the very demanding Sorgano circuit, a 6-lane 70 metre Polistil track.

The car snatched an amazing 2nd place in the hands of Slot.it's owner and designer (me
), which by far broke his own track and total race distance record.

Best regards

Maurizio

·
Registered
420 Posts
nice one!
slot-it are not making it easy for me to lower my monthly slot-car expences...
ups and the only Nissan I ever liked was the Skyline...

//peter

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there goes another pre Order... Sean?

Do the Honours mate.
One of each please!

It looks superb in both versions, wonder if it will beat the 962s onto the streets.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
As can be seen from the pictures, the Slot.it Nissan R390 will have full interior detail, whereas the Reprotec version -- as with the Fly "Racing" cars -- simply has a piece of Lexan stuck into it. Maurizio has vowed that he will never use Lexan components in his cars and again, the windows will be thin injection moulded plastic with details, as used in the Porsche and Audi models, not vacuum-formed Lexan. As Slot.it have shown, you don't have to compromise detail to gain performance!

There will be two 'road' versions - red and green.

The 'race' version will include a test car -- just for Wankel! -- and the versions raced in the 1997 Le Mans 24 Hours:-

n.21 Muller - Brundle - Taylor - retired
n.22 Van de Poele - Suzuki - Patrese - retired
n.23 Hoshino - Comas - Kageyama - 12°

With kind regards

Russell

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Here is a pic of the well recognised Le Mans 1997 Number 21 car, followed by a nice pic of the street version..

I haven't managed to find anything on the other versions yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
After I finally succumbed to buying the Canon Porsche 956 a few weeks ago I am now a big fan of Slot.It.

It performed well right out of the box and is great fun to drive on my home circuit and it has also quickly became one of my favourite car in the looks department.

Slot.It do seem to have found that elusive balance between price and quality so any new release from them is sure to be a winner.

Anyone taking pre-orders for the Sauber Merc yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
my 956 is already on the mail... why? oh why? now my wife will kill me for the 20th time after checking our cred card slip... the fan boy in me raves: this new beast is beautifull and it should perform even better than the audi and the porsche. I´m gonna buy one too.

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Very impressive looking car!.

Do you have any chassis pics Swiss?, I would be interested to see if Slot.it have used a revised the current Audi type chassis or something completly new.

Regards

Alan

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Here you go, Swiss:-

21 Martin Brundle (GB) / Jörg Müller (D) / Wayne Taylor (ZA)
Sponsors: Clarion
Result: Did not finish (Spin) - 139 laps
Grid: 12th (3:46.228) - 7th fastest qualifier

22 Eric van de Poele ( B ) / Aguri Suzuki (J) / Riccardo Patrese (I)
Sponsors: UNISIA JECS / ZEXEL
Result: Did not finish (Gearbox) - 121 laps
Grid: 4th (3:45.324) - 3rd fastest qualifier

23 Kazuyoshi Hoshino (J) / Erik Comas (F) / Masahiko Kageyama (J)
Sponsors: CALSONIC / xanavi
Result: 12th (67 laps behind the winner)
Grid: 21st (3:47.745) - 14th fastest qualifier

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
84 Posts
If the car has a full interior does this mean it has a sidewinder engine configuration. Slotit is definately my favourite manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
QUOTE The 'race' version will include a test car -- just for Wankel! -- and the versions raced in the 1997 Le Mans 24 Hours:-

Humph!

No. 23 for me!

·
Registered
111 Posts
All I can say is WOW! Maurizio, keep up the good work. I pretty much have standing orders at Prof Motor for whatever you put out. Anxiously awaiting more 956 releases (hint, hint).

This one will be great, and makes me look forward to the Sauber Merc (and maybe a Jag and/or Mazda after that?).

Also great to see you participating personally in running the cars. Your passion in these little things comes through in the product.

Viva Italia!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Being me - or more precisely, being paid by who I am - I have to remind everyone that these cars were an expensive waste of time. Nissan paid TWR a fortune and had Le Mans radio ads proclaiming "We're back and this time we're serious" or some such - and got their doors blown off in the race. And they were unreliable.

They returned the 1998 painted in a nicer blue chequer livery with better reliability, but still no pace.

Still, I'm happy to see Slot.It make this model. Firstly, because I love Le Mans cars, secondly because Slot.It cars are (un)arguably the best RTRs and thirdly because it means there is no excuse for them not to go on and make the definitive Japanese GT1 car as a running partner - the Toyota GT-One.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Yeah, but they looked sooo much nicer in their red and black than the GT-One in its off-red!

QUOTE ...there is no excuse for them not to go on and make the definitive Japanese GT1 car...

Right behind you there laddie, it's truley time we had a Skyline LM.

Damn good call, Plasticar - a 787B or Group C Jag of any number would be sweeter than sweet.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE ...the GT-One in its off-red
I think you missed out an 'F' there, just before the off.

Actually, I think the Nissans look best in the metallic blue they raced in when they were still called TWR Jaguar XJR 15s....

[Wimbeldon umpire]Game to Brownlee. New balls please![/Wimbledon umpire]

Scott

1 - 20 of 42 Posts