SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.5.0 is finally out. Together with the 3.15 firmware series (1.15 SSD) and the new bootloader (by RCS Team) it is a major update to oXigen. The App and the 3.15 firmware must be used together. It may take a couple of days for the upgrade to be released by the iOS and Android stores.

The purpose of the upgrade is to improve the integration between the three components. We've tried our best to test it extensively.

-----

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY WHAT FOLLOWS:

Due to internal memory reorganization, during the upgrade, one of the following error messages may appear:

Activation date is blank.
Value will be updated from the database.
Please tap OK

Activation date DDMMYY doesn't match the database date DDMMYY.
Do you want to update it?
In doubt, click No and contact [email protected]

In both case, please click OK or Y and the app will take car of this.

-----

I'll let the RCS Team to describe the many bootloader improvements. As far as the App and firmware are concerned:

New logo, logout button moved to a more logical position.

During device scan, if a device is detected by the APP it is reported as (online) - so you know what devices are in BT mode, to which you can connect to.

The app now show a series of parameters, some of which are new. For example, for the connected device now the firmware type and the ID are shown, as well as the name and MAC.

This is to say that for example your controller may be reported as O2, or SSD (ARC AIR/PRO), or SCP201e digital, whereas the ID shows the current O2 or SSD ARC pairing ID.

As well, the in-car ICs are now shown with loaded firmware type (O2, SSD, D132) and ID.

The Power Amp doesn't currently report any MAC or ID.

When programmed with O2 (type C, B2) or SSD firmware (type C only), speed and braking of in-car chips may now be limited. This is done by setting the limits and 'enabling' the limits with the 'enable' button.Note that this has priority on anything which comes from the controller or the RMS. 'Disable' instruct the ICs to ignore these limits and behave as if they were not set.

This also means that when the type C chips are programmed with SSD firmware, braking may also be adjusted. Finally.

ARC PRO controllers may enjoy the same limits' setting in the future.

There are quite a few other improvements, including the app layout, the logo, and other 'under the hood' changes.

Attempting to load a type C SSD or D132 firmware in a type B2 IC will result in an error message being displayed.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I haven't used this for a long time as it was too frustrating, but it now says app incompatible. It did work last time I tried - maybe a year ago - so is there something new in the app which requires a more recent device? My 2015 Moto E phone is on Android 10 (albeit via LineagoOS 17.1 mod) and all my other apps still work fine on it.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I have finally tested the app. My version is now 1.5.1 on an android phone.
There is a nice feature now: if you power up a device - say a chip/car - with no active connection which I assume means going into app mode, in your list of registered devices you will see "(online)" appearing next to the device entry in your app. I think this is neat.
Mind you, it take more than 10 sec to refresh the list of online devices.
I have tested with all the 4 B2 chips I have and this feature works with multiple online devices. Again, very neat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a dedicated post where we can follow what are the latest versions of all firmware and software for O2 meaning :
  • Smartphone App
  • Dongle
  • SCP
  • Chip
  • Race softwares

And possibly a compatibility/uncompatibility chart.
If not, maybe it would make sense to have one in the pinned post. Does that make sense ?

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
A sharable document or spreadsheet, such as a google doc, that can be edited by the public, or specifically assigned/chosen people would be ideal, so that over time, it can be kept up to date, and not lost to time full of old information, only being created and updated by one person who eventually bores of the chore, or dies.

Also, not it! ;-)

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I like the idea of having a separate resource from the forum.
"Also, not it!" I am not sure I follow you here...

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Must be cultural. What did you say as a kid when you were deciding who would be "it" when playing tag, or trying to avoid being the kid stuck with the crappy job?

It means I don't want to be the guy to start that document. ;-)

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
ohhh, ok. Never came across this expression before. So in that case, not it!
I think Tamar has a fetish for (google) spreadsheets ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
In reference to updating the app, I’ve been trying to get my oXigen chips to work with no joy and have noted that I have version 1.4.2. So I went to the google play store to find the update annnnnd it’ nowhere to be found. (Using my Galaxy tab E which is aright POS in my view) I tried every iteration I could think of without any luck. I then went to see if I could update from the app settings on the tablet and it’s not listed there in my apps. It’s on the tablet and I’ve used it to register the 2 chips I have so wtf? Any ideas? I searched on my iPad in the play store and found it right off so why won’t it show up on the galaxy tab? And why will neither nRF or the slot it app connect to the chip to make the cars run. NRF can’t find it( yes it was powered up) and the slot.it app stops working part way through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike M.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I do not know Mike. It might be that your tablet is not able to support the newest version of the app. My app on my android device (Google Pixel) was updated automatically.
The old version of the app was stopping working. With the latest one, although it is not super fast, it works ok.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Depending on which version of the firmware the chip has, it won't work until it has been registered. It also does not go into DFU mode directly any more, but rather an "app" mode.
To get the car into DFU mode, you'll need to use the magnet trick, which is to place a magnet on the hall effect sensor, then power it up. You can also sometimes just wave the magnet over the sensor while it's powered up (with no controller paired to it that's powered up). This is helpful because it needs to be the correct polarity, and sometimes you need to turn the magnet around for it to be sensed correctly. Once the chip is in DFU mode, you can install chip v3.06, which is still on the site and listed as no longer supported.
This will allow you to use the car until you get the device thing figured out.

Slot.it is working on the issues that iPhone users are experiencing, so patience with that can help. If you're impatient, then borrowing or buying another device (preferably a recent Android device) is your best bet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In two weeks we have a career at the club with the DTMs from Slot.it and I wanted to see if I had updated controls and chips and yesterday I tried the app again with 2 of the mobiles that did not work for me (android), and the surprise was that it worked, later I realized that I have version 1.51 of the app although I don't remember updating it (I had 1.50)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I cannot understand why it is so difficult for Slot.it to create a app that works on iOS. Personally I have stopped buying the c chip, and other devices from Slot.it that’s needing any kind of registration using the slot.it app. Because I won’t spend more time trying to register with a app that doesn’t work.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
App updates should happen automatically nowadays because Google and Apple wants your devices to have the latest version of software (the assumption is that the latest version of any software is the most secure one).

·
Registered
31 Posts
App updates should happen automatically nowadays because Google and Apple wants your devices to have the latest version of software (the assumption is that the latest version of any software is the most secure one).
Yep that’s what happened apparently. I just discovered by accident that the slot.it app is not supported by the latest update. Now I need to find a device that works with the app so that I can try and get the cars to work. Effing IT guys!
It’s definitely a love-hate relationship with them.

Mike M.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I cannot understand why it is so difficult for Slot.it to create a app that works on iOS. Personally I have stopped buying the c chip, and other devices from Slot.it that’s needing any kind of registration using the slot.it app. Because I won’t spend more time trying to register with a app that doesn’t work.
There could be several issues here at play. For instance, for security reasons Apple might not be happy that the slot.it app downloads code (firmware) from a third-party (Slot.it) server because Apple is paranoid about checking all the software that goes on their devices and the slot.it firmware is definitely not going to pass any Apple security tests.
Now there are some charlatans out there claiming that doing firmware updates from Apple devices is easy but so far nothing has been released in the wild.
I agree with you that the registration process has been a pain. But with the last release of the app (1.5.1) for Android things have improved.
It is still laggy but it gets the job done.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Yep that’s what happened apparently. I just discovered by accident that the slot.it app is not supported by the latest update. Now I need to find a device that works with the app so that I can try and get the cars to work. Effing IT guys!
It’s definitely a love-hate relationship with them.

Mike M.
Yeah, I hate IT people as well. ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
1.5.0 is finally out.

...The app now show a series of parameters, some of which are new. ...
Thank to the new App and the additionnal parameters, I found that my C chips were not all programmed in the same mode. I did program them in the past with the bootloader in O2 mode.

This one is shown as O2 hybrid in the App, but the bootloader indicates that it is in Oxygen.
Brown Product Orange Font Line

On the other hand a second C chip is shown in O2 mode in the App as well as in the bootloader
Brown Product Orange Font Rectangle

I tend to trust the App rather that the bootloader but this is a bit confusing to me.
May be I'll try to program The Oxigen SSD mode with the bootloader and se what the App say

1 - 20 of 26 Posts