SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

From the Slotlandia Milan Model Hobby Expo, introducing the new Slot.it Digital System:

oXigen
  • Slot racing digital system
  • Compatible with existing analog tracks and lap counters
  • 2.4GHz Wireless. 20 cars per track, up to 4 tracks
  • Open interface
Two operating modes:
  • Hybrid O2: no PC required, uses existing track accessories (lap counters, stop&go, etc)
  • Pure O2: completely PC controlled through radio interface
Hybrid 02
  • Works with or without PC
  • Completely compatible with traditional racing
  • Uses existing DS lap counters, Stop'n'Go, PCs.
  • Seamless Digital / Analog racing on the same track (during analog racing, oXigen lane changers stay straight and oXigen lap counting acts as a standard bridge, or the already existing bridge can be used).
Pure 02
  • Completely PC controlled
  • Mantains compatibility with analog tracks and racing (during analog racing, oXigen lane changers stay straight and oXigen lap counting acts as a standard bridge).
  • No need for external lap counters
How it works
  • SCP-1 cartridge talks to in-car module.
  • In-car module drives motor and talks to LC.
  • Hybrid O2: O2 lap counter talks to O2 interface to Lap Counters and existing Stop'n'Go box or PCs. DS lap counters, Stop&Go, PCs, etc work as usual to start and stop race.
  • Pure O2: PC talks to SCP-1 cartridge and (if optional smart LC module fitted on LC) to LC. Race management through PC.
Lane Change
  • O2 track pieces for Ninco and Scalextric track
  • O2 LC and LAP CTR track parts can be used inside Scalextric SSD systems (under licence from Hornby)
More oXigen
  • a whole new dimension for club slot car racing
  • mantain your existing investment AND analog racing
  • easy setup
  • developed and supported by Slot.it
  • compatible with SCP-1
  • add multi lane finish line and collision detection to Scalextric SSD (under license from Hornby plc)
  • racing starts in 2009 with dedicated championship
  • open interface for third party add-ons

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Almost speechless.

Is there any tie up / relationship with Scorpius? Any links for more information?

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I guess this might be part of the resason why the SCP-1 Digital module has been so long in getting to market?

Look forward to Maurizio coming on the Forum to put some meat on the bones. Hope that Rick has some involvement with Oxigen otherwise Scorpius has some competition. Not saying that competition is bad but the market for a third party wireless semi compatible but open system is only so big.

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
QUOTE (BK-Racing @ 26 Sep 2008, 18:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does this mean I better sell my Scalextric Pro 1.7 quickly before its worthless ?

Not sure if this is a serious question? But if it is and you are a home user consider the following.

PB-Pro is here today and working well.
Lots of functionality and lots of people very happy.

OXigen at the moment just a press release. However assuming it comes to fruition then consider the likely cost of full O2.

Six times SCP-1 with wireless modules. $$$$$$ (Will of course be more if you want more than six cars)

Wireless chips for your cars.

Lane change & start line detector tracks / electronics.

Computer interface and Race Management Software.

Probably some things I have missed.

Will the experience be transformed? Apart from the wireless throttles will probably seem much like today particularily as the Lane Change mechanics and track are the same.

And of course probably a lot of teething problems like all new systems. I just hope that it's based on Rick's Scorpius system which will put it further down the track to a succesful implimentation.

Rich

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remember that this is just a press release. If I was doing this, I'd go to a tech company and give them a spec and see if they could produce a specific system for a specific budget. If they say yes and sign off on a contract, I'd release a press release.

Perhaps there will be a prototype of sorts at Nürnberg and then they have a year (or two) to develop it for the market. There is no rush for a system that promises this level of complexity. The only requirement is that it does what it says on the box when it is released.

Learn from the mistakes of those that have come before and get it right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This looks like they have visited Rick

I still think that scorpius will be better suited to a routed digital system, and I will have put plenty of laps on my routed digital track running scorpius by the time this hits the stores
(and it is still not built yet....but very close to getting the power turned on)

Don't get me wrong, Slotit have a great product and there quality is second to none , BUT Rick has a head start and I feel that Scorpius will suit clubs a bit more than any commercial brand will due to the market they will chase....unfortunately the board/shareholders will choose the market not the clubs etc.

It looks good on paper as they say

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.