SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
QUOTE (Profoxcg @ 1 May 2012, 16:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So I am confused here... Can I use standard SSD Lane changers with O2 without an SSD powerbase?
if so (which is what I am understanding from the FAQ) what is the advantage of using O2 LC electronics?

yes, i have my slot.it car running with power to the rails directly using
without the SSD powerbase and using SSD lane changers which work fine.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
The O2 electronics provide the ability to use the selective lane change technology. Rather than "change lanes" you can press the appropriate buttons to "change to the outside" or "change to the inside". If your car passes over a lane changer that goes to the outside while you're holding the button to move to the inside, it will not change lanes. You could conceivably hold the "change to outside" button the whole time, and your car would automatically take the necessary changers to get the outside lane at every turn. This requires fiddling with the DIP switches dreamop is asking about, for which I would first look in the slot.it downloads page.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE This requires fiddling with the DIP switches dreamop is asking about, for which I would first look in the slot.it downloads page.

Thanks Mr Flippant, but nothing there, downloaded all the files yesterday.
Carrera lane changers are ready with brand new O2 chips, but nothing about DIP switches configuration in any manual !

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (dreamop @ 1 May 2012, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>downloaded all the files yesterday.

Thanks everybody, I'll wait for Maurizio answer as it seem that nobody has this small spreadsheet with 2 rows and 4 columns giving all the possibilities given by the 4 DIP switches on the O2 lane changers. It is NOT anymore in O2 manuals you can download on Slot-it website.

But if somebody has already chipped some Carrera LC, I would be happy to share our experiences.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 2 May 2012, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Probably, I need to check, but why?

because while the chips are designed to work with the cars you make, we also have other cars (brands) that are challenging to chip.
being able to put the LED on leads would make things much easier. From what I understand, the current LED needs to be as close to the floor of the car as possible and within 35mm of the guide. If you take a look at an NSR audi for instance, having the LED on leads will allow me to run cars with you system. What do you think?

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
OK, I understand the need. This is why we're making the 'small' chip which provides soldering pads for wired LED.
Yes, it can be done. Apart from the good soldering skills that you must possess, the LEDs must be soldered with the proper polarity. If you invert it, they won't work. Not a problem, but you'll have to desolder and resolder.
I suggest using a soldering station, IMO it's one of the best investment a slot racer can make. Even a half-decent temperature-adjustable soldering station (around 70 USD) works miles better than the cheap wall mounted units when precise jobs must be done.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
that is great news regarding the class chip having the pads already available.
in the mean time, I wonder if you would be kind to in a pictures maybe indicate the correct polarity in case someone wanted to add an LED to their chip? I know the smaller chip is some time away correct?
Thanks

181 - 200 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.