SlotForum banner
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
QUOTE (Profoxcg @ 3 May 2012, 13:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that is great news regarding the class chip having the pads already available.
in the mean time, I wonder if you would be kind to in a pictures maybe indicate the correct polarity in case someone wanted to add an LED to their chip? I know the smaller chip is some time away correct?
Thanks

Hello Profoxcg
If you are restless this weekend...all smd led's have a polarity mark , a small recessed triangle on one of the corners...

...but...to desolder the IR led you might have a problem as probably both ends of the SMD led need to be desoldered from the print at the same time.

Hello Maurizio, hope you had a nice time @ the race
The need for a seperate IR SMD led set on extended leads is imperical for all bigger scale slotcars 1/28 & 1/24 because
A: Their "forward facing" guide (adding ± 20mm in front of the guide pivot point)
B: The "general" construction of 1/28 1/24 metal chassis will in 99% of the cases cause the chip to be mounted much further back and because their "layered" design also higher.

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
thanks tamar. I dont think it will be a problem with the NSR Audi but yes we need a be able to move the LED for non slot.it cars
I guess the type B chip is the one the we should use for non slot.it cars and just use the Type A for slot.it car that can accept it or if you want lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK...

While we await the polarity information, I can share that the SSD LED does indeed work on a slot.it chip. I have done it with two cars and so far no problems. While it is not running in the oxigen system yet, it should auger well for the topic dicussed here. What do I mean...

My kids are running an SSD track while I build a digital routed "oxigen" track & system. I chipped their favourite SCX cars with SSD chips a while ago and they began to play. Not long into the laps, both SSD chip fried (SCX motor and magnet drew too much current and smoked the SSD chips in the cars). I discovered this as a common problem in various forums. Anyway, local advice and forums indicated the slot.it chip was more "robust". So... Off I went and purchased two slot.it SSD chips only to discover the slot.it LED configuration challenge in an SCX chasis. To fix the issue I simply desoldered the slot.it LEDs and soldered in the LEDs from the fried SSD chips and the cars have now completed hundreds of laps (on an SSD track) with no other change and no problems at all. Lane change, lap times, start finish, etc all function identically with SSD LEDs in a slot.it chip.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
364 Posts
Help confused of London
Oxigen
Works on Ninco track using Analogue power base ie DC to track and the lane changes need to be re chipped with oxygen chip car chip is the type 1 chip
If use scalelextric SSD then use analogue power to track and the SSD lane changes will continue to work with the Oxigen system cars need type 1 chip
3rd option use SSD system with digital power base Car chip type 2 AC and continue to use SSD lane changes
Thanks Neale

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
All of your statements look correct so where is the confusion?

Rich

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have tried the Ninco analogue set up I can get the cars to run but cannot get the lanes to change Have modified both the straight cross-over and the Straight single lane change with no luck
Thanks Rich

Have you managed to get oxygen to work with the PB-Pro setup

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
There is some conflicting information on the D132/SSD/O2 modes in the manual.

The diagram at the bottom of Page 9 shows that the "o" (brake knob at center) means Hornby SSD and the "h" (fully clockwise) means oXigen.

The description on Page 10 indicates that it should be the other way around, which makes more sense.

Further on Page 10, it is said that center (up/0) is Hornby, and fully clockwise is oXigen.

I think that just fixing the diagram on Page 9 will clear up any confusion, but then it would no longer spell Homer Simpson's favorite exclamation.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Manual updated to v.1.44
I've fixed what you said, and changed page 8 with a detailed description of DC and AC power pads, and their use for SSD and Carrera compatibility.
I hope page 8 is clear enough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 10 Jul 2012, 08:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way, has anybody chipped the car with a LED on wires?

I have chipped the All Slot Car F1 with a LED on wires but it was before I read this so I soldered the led straigth to the sides of the standar led in the chip and it works too. Now that I know there are extra pads for the external led I will connect it there

Some pics...I had to cut some nerves from the chasis to make it fit and there is no room for the driver but you all know how well this cars run so I think its worth it to be able to race this f1 in oXigen.

here you can see the extra LED under the chip...

QUOTE (nrwatson @ 22 Aug 2012, 12:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi any news on the availability of second car chip to fit into Lola etc
Thanks
Neale

My Lola is chipped with chip A and it fits perfectly, if you tried the B you will have the same problem I am having with the slot.it classic cars, not being able to close them.

Regards from Spain

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Hi.

thanks for the information which is very interesting.
Problem with type B chip is that the two tiny 'ears' at the back of the chip itself prevent it from being placed fully forward, hence the problem with the Lola; type C should cure this at the expense of a slightly (2mm?) longer board.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 22 Aug 2013, 14:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi.

thanks for the information which is very interesting.
Problem with type B chip is that the two tiny 'ears' at the back of the chip itself prevent it from being placed fully forward, hence the problem with the Lola;

I insist that chip A fits perfectly in the Lola, so better use A for Lola. Chip B fits perfectly in any other brand car.

Regards!

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
Unfortunately, and this is entirely my fault, when we designed the chip B I didn't consider that due to the 'small ears' at the back of the chip, its position would have been constrained in a way which would make it incompatible with many model's cockpits. This will be fixed in the next release of the chips.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.