SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possibly the most anticipated new slot car ever is finally here!

Slot Bazar

Slot.it Porsche 956 Gruppo C "Kenwood" 41.95 Euro

Sean, I hope that you still have my pre-order!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stunning attention to detail. Finely done, like the black edging around the headlight covers and the frame around the side window inserts:

I see that the wheel inserts are already available seperately as well:

Nice work Slot.it!

Images courtesy of Slotbazar and Slot.it

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry... I just had to post this picture of the Canon car as well. The radiator intakes on the pre-production models, like those raced at Verbano and Igualada, and as pictured in the review by Allan, were blank. It seems that this detail has been added to the production model.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
714 Posts
This isn't may favorite car - that's just personal preference.
But I can easily step aside from that and agree with Russell that the attention to detail IS truly astounding. It is a WONDERFUL piece of modelling! I could buy one purely on the strength of the outstanding quality in spite of my preference for some other cars - this one really is THAT good!

·
Registered
714 Posts
AFTERTHOUGHTS
This IS a superb piece of work and in no way do I detract from that in the following.
The single thing that would take any manufacture to the next and perhaps final level of body craftsmanship, would be provision of the finest of black lines between adjoining body panels. Those lines that are so difficult to produce accurately and finely enough that they don't simply look crude and crass, as so many do. I don't know if it's feasible as a factory option, but the first to do it RIGHT would set the standard forevermore.

The bonus of this difficult achievement is 'detail' that isn't subject to loss or damage in robust racing conditions, as are mirrors and other small parts.

Incidentally, those are superb photographs from Russell!

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mecoprop,

I really wish that I could take photo's like these! The top picture is from Slotbazar, whilst the others are from Slot.it, probably taken by the same gentleman who takes these amazing slot car shots!

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
The question of body lines has risen before and I think that the main technical problem is of colour or shade.
Pure black will always be too much on a model of this size and be overstated regardless of thickness. What is needed is a greyish shade of the body colour and seeing as how this would change between liveries and also between colours on some liveries, I can't see it being feasible.
A few people have stumbled on a good finish with body lines in the past and I also had a lucky paint job where the yellow I used was too translucent to cover the grey primer and so the lines looked fair. However this WAS pure luck.
I have tried using a brown shade Indian Ink (0.2mm is the thinnest I could find) for Ferrari red but I just can't get the thickness and depth (inside the joins) right so they simply end up looking like bad lexan jobs.

Talking of which, Russell? whose was that Great 962 lexan body over on SCI a long while back?

Anyway I hijack the thread, but it definately could use its own over in scratchbuilding maybe, Mecoprop - any objections to me starting this in another area and quoting your reply above as the starter?

This car is a GREAT effort from Slot.It and the bar is raised once more

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Is that the sound of the lights going out at Fly?

I hope not, but for Slot.It to deliver this to market so soon after the disappointment of the GT40 must rub salt in the wounds.

Well done all at Slot.It!

Scott

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
That quality of detail for £34 .... Jaw has dropped! From the piccys I was assuming this would be a big money, too expensive to put on the track job until I checked the price at GetSlotted!

Coop

·
Registered
119 Posts
The amazing thing is that the first photo is closer in size to the model's actual size. The rest are magnifications, so that you can't read all that lovely detail, its too small for my eyes at least

One small note is that the front wheel brake ducts (the white bits) might need to be removed for racing. They are separate parts and they sit a little proud of the wheel -- that's their job, to duct air over the front brakes but on the model they're just held on with glue at a few spots.

And for the Aus guys, both 956's cars landed two weeks ago and are available here. The Canon one is embargoed from sale until mid-December.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just got my hands on one of these beasts! All I can say is WOW! The car is just perfect. No paint issues and it ran like a champ right out of the box. Sitting on my shelf it looks like a die-cast. The wheels are simply amazing. Do yourself a favor and go buy this car now! I have a feeling these are going to sell out fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts